Opticallimits

Full Version: Experiencing Autofocus Inconsistencies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I'm facing some perplexing autofocus issues with my photography setup, comprising of the Canon EOS 80D paired with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm lens. Despite many attempts to troubleshoot, I'm still facing  with inconsistencies in autofocus performance, particularly noticeable variations in focusing speed and accuracy across different lighting conditions and focal lengths.

I've observed instances of misfocus and sluggish autofocus behavior, which significantly impact my ability to capture sharp and well-focused images reliably. I've  checked and adjusted the camera settings, including autofocus modes and area selection, but the issue still there.

If anyone has faced similar issues with the autofocus system of Canon EOS 80D and Canon EF-S 18-135mm lens, I would greatly appreciate any suggestion troubleshooting steps to rectify this issue and restore optimal autofocus performance.

Your expertise and guidance would be immensely valuable in overcoming this issue. Thank you for your  support!

Warm regards,
stevediaz

80D is a SLR camera, SLR cameras use different sensors for focus and capturing images, they need calibration to have optimal results and this calibration, you need it for each and every single lens you use.
That's why 80D has a function called AFMA (AutoFocus Micro Adjustment)
Canon even have a guide on how to use it on their website in desktop and mobile versions
Here's the desktop version
https://support.usa.canon.com/resources/...esktop.pdf