Opticallimits

Full Version: fuji xt2 seems amazing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reading reviews Sony xt2 seems amazing, in terms of sharpness it seems at least as good as Canon 5Dsr

http://petapixel.com/2016/09/14/fuji-x-t...omparison/

The x trans sensor seems to do a great job
And here's x-t2 vs D5 on portraits

http://petapixel.com/2016/09/16/fuji-x-t...-included/

Although D810 might have been a better choice here x-t2 is doing amazingly well versus the best available on the market.
Fuji is generally quite amazing if you ask me.

davidmanze

For anyone who hasn't a serious investment in other gear, I see no reason not to get the X-T2!

And what's more you know that it will get better with the updates that will inevitably follow, Fuji is one of the few manufacturers that are committed to their users, unlike Canon, Nikon and Pentax who just want you to buy the next model, Fuji improves your camera with time...fine wine cameras!

I do hope on some minuscule improvements, but so far I'm very happy with body and grip. Very responsive. USB charging is nice, too, finder has a lag in "normal" power setting which disappears when switching that setting to "high". I love the shutter sound and miss the touchscreen less than expected. Some might find it too big with booster grip, to me it's the right size.

To the RAW quality I remain silent until one software manufacturer brings an update to the products I bought. AF is extremely promising, but I have to try more and take more pictures.
Tony often says things that are wrong, and often claims strange stuff.

TheX-T2 has the same sensor as the XPro 2. Nothing magical about it. A quick check on dpreview clearly shows the X-T2 has no magical resolution properties.

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv/9

Silly stuff: Tony's images are not shot with the same DOF (no equivalent settings). And why is the 5DSR crop uncharacteristic for this camera (softer than one expects).

The X-T2 is a great little camera, but why fall for outlandish claims without a critical eye?

Quote:Tony often says things that are wrong, and often claims strange stuff.

TheX-T2 has the same sensor as the XPro 2. Nothing magical about it. A quick check on dpreview clearly shows the X-T2 has no magical resolution properties.

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv/9

Silly stuff: Tony's images are not shot with the same DOF (no equivalent settings). And why is the 5DSR crop uncharacteristic for this camera (softer than one expects).

The X-T2 is a great little camera, but why fall for outlandish claims without a critical eye?

I don't know this guy, however for an APS-C camera,  to be able to be compared to a full frame competitor  having twice the resolution, even if it is not better that's something, X trans sensors seem to be better than their standard bayer pattern competitors for the time being 
Quote:I don't know this guy, however for an APS-C camera,  to be able to be compared to a full frame competitor  having twice the resolution, even if it is not better that's something, X trans sensors seem to be better than their standard bayer pattern competitors for the time being 
No, it does not. Look at the dpreview comparison scenes and you can see it is not comparable to the 36mp Sony, 42mp Sony and 50mp Canon sensor, resolution-wise. It is comparable to the Nikkor D7200 which also has an AA-filter-less 24mp sensor.
Quote:No, it does not. Look at the dpreview comparison scenes and you can see it is not comparable to the 36mp Sony, 42mp Sony and 50mp Canon sensor, resolution-wise. It is comparable to the Nikkor D7200 which also has an AA-filter-less 24mp sensor.
If you say so, it's ok.

During training a professor used to tell me when something looks too good to be true, usually it is.

For me the megapixel thing isn't very important, I am still using 5D along with  750D that has more than twice the resolution, and both are doing an excellent job, On A4 prints I  can't tell which camera took which picture.
Ok on prints that's the same however looking on the screen at very crisp and sharp pictures taken with a sharp lens on the 5D  is anther story

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5