Opticallimits

Full Version: Zeiss teases new E-mount lens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.facebook.com/carlzeisslenses...02753073:0

Based on the front-element that they are showing there I would place my bets on a Batis 35mm f/2

There have been neverending cries for a E-mount 35/2... so a lot of people are going to be happy if you're right.

That is, until they see the price.

Quote:There have been neverending cries for a E-mount 35/2... so a lot of people are going to be happy if you're right.

That is, until they see the price.
Have there? There is a SZ FE 35mm f1.4 and a SZ FE 35mm f2.8, the Zeiss Loxia FE 35mm f2, and yet people cry for another 35mm f2? Maybe you are right and the 36mm crowd does feel let down when looking at the never ending flood of 50/55mm offerings Wink

Quote:Have there? There is a SZ FE 35mm f1.4 and a SZ FE 35mm f2.8, the Zeiss Loxia FE 35mm f2, and yet people cry for another 35mm f2? Maybe you are right and the 36mm crowd does feel let down when looking at the never ending flood of 50/55mm offerings Wink

I can understand the feeling there, 35 1.4 is very large, 2.8 is just a bit slow, loxia 35 is mf, and has not been very positively received despite the price
A lot of people would like a 35/2 or 35/1.8 with AF in the 400-500$ price range like the existing 28/2.

But that won't come from Zeiss.

seems to be a Loxia 85mm f/2.4 Sonnar lens...yawn.

Quote:I can understand the feeling there, 35 1.4 is very large, 2.8 is just a bit slow, loxia 35 is mf, and has not been very positively received despite the price
Exactly. The ****rumors sites are awash in that (I do read the comments sections sometimes).

But that's not significant anymore, as it looks like we have our answer. Not too interesting if you ask me (I'm with Chris Miller above on this one... it has to be at most 1/2 the price of the 85mm Batis to be of any interest to anyone IMO).

Actually, I like the concept of small size & small aperture for a travel lens.

I now use a Contax G90 2.8 for that.

But the price at 1.400 is out of this world.

Unless it's a macro ? or STF?

Quote:Actually, I like the concept of small size & small aperture for a travel lens.

I now use a Contax G90 2.8 for that.

But the price at 1.400 is out of this world.

Unless it's a macro ? or STF?

Haha ... ;-)
Well, unlike that "Meyer Optic" rehashes, at least this is a quality item. But way overpriced for what it is, nonetheless (IMHO).