Opticallimits

Full Version: next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 35mm f/2 R WR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quite nice although personally I'd probably still prefer the 35mm f/1.4

http://www.opticallimits.com/fuji_x/985-fuji35f2

Sahib7

Quote:Quite nice although personally I'd probably still prefer the 35mm f/1.4

Thank you for this - once again - nice review!

I've just bought this lens in addition to my 35mm f1.4 (prices are going up beginning September 1st in Europe and currently there is a cash back offer available).

I'm currently evaluating which lens to keep. My camera is the X-E2 FW 4.01.

Using this combination the AF of the new lens is clearly superior - which was my only gripe with the 1.4.

Other than that this lens is really sharper for the usual focal distances than the 1.4. I do not have a WR body, yet, but that might come handy at some point in the future.

But as you said - 1.4 is still a full stop faster than 2.0 which is a very important asset...

So I'm not sure which one to keep...

P.S.: Are you planning to upgrade to the new X-Trans III platform (X-Pro 2, X-T2) anytime soon?
Eventually we'll upgrade to the X-T2 but not this year.  I reckon Fuji's lens announcement rush will slow down now anyway and retests are out-of-question.

With the current US-rebates, the lens is equally priced to it's f/1.4 companion if I choose to put the better lens hood in the basket as well. I don't regret to have bought this lens but it's corner weaknesses might come from the lens correction. 4% distortion is massive. So far I have nothing to com plain about - maybe the cheaper lenshood, but it's not very sensitive to frontlight.

I think the lens is fugly, especially in black (YMMV). Not that it matters of course. Smile

In  terms of beauty, IMO no Fujinon runs for Gold medal  Rolleyes but they are fine tools.

This and the 16/1.4 lens test made it to Fuji rumors: http://www.fujirumors.com/honestly-given...4-reviews/

Smile