Opticallimits

Full Version: your personal photography records
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This weekend I broke my own photography records:

2687 pictures taken, 1700 RAW pictures converted. I spent literally eight hours shooting (wedding, personal portraits photo shoot, covering an event at a nearby village) as well as five hours working RAW files (the wedding)

You understand how hard it was...
I think my record was 2k images in about 3-4 hours. Two concerts, back to back. Interestingly, I was able to do that on a single battery on my Nex 5. When the second gig was over, card had empty space for 2 more images and battery died 30 seconds later. Got them sorted and published to web before morning. 

Did not touch the camera again for a week or so Smile.

Quote:I think my record was 2k images in about 3-4 hours. Two concerts, back to back. Interestingly, I was able to do that on a single battery on my Nex 5. When the second gig was over, card had empty space for 2 more images and battery died 30 seconds later. Got them sorted and published to web before morning. 

Did not touch the camera again for a week or so Smile.

Well that was just yesterday, I have a party tonight and I am supposed to take pictures, however I don't really feel I can do it Smile

especially that I still have 1000+ RAW files on the CF card 
My personal record was around 1650 images in one evening in May '16 (a highly paid shooting for a client). I distilled them down to 580 later. Thankfully I only shoot JPEG but I cranked up the quality for these (so the remaining 580 are still 5GB in size). I did process every decent shot that I put on a flash stick for the client though (cropping + levels + curves + tilt correction where applicable). It was a, to put it mildly, exhausting experience.

A similar thing happened in Aug. '14 when I was shooting the Night of Light event out in the Gatchina park. Being very unsure of what I need to get, and also very apprehensive about the quality of the images, I overshot massively, ending up with around 1300 images (later culled down to 284, 2.2 GB in total). This time I needed to get them out of the gate pronto - the event was on Saturday but I had to get them done by Monday morning - so the entire Sunday was spent sorting, decimating and processing the pictures.

Another of my personal records is the longest exposure time: 2751 seconds (45 minutes 51 seconds), achieved when shooting astro landscapes (what else). I ended up OVEREXPOSING the night sky though.  :blink:

Quote: Thankfully I only shoot JPEG but I cranked up the quality for these (so the remaining 580 are still 5GB in size). I did process every decent shot that I put on a flash stick for the client though (cropping + levels + curves + tilt correction where applicable). It was a, to put it mildly, exhausting experience.
IMHO if you are going to do this post processing for every decent shot, it will be less time and effort consuming to shoot RAW, but you're free with your workflow do what suits you best.

Back to our subject, you spent sunday I spent a whole weekend with three consecutive shootings, Obican didn't touch his camera for a week, I have a shooting tonight Sad

overexposing a 45 minutes shot Ouch Ouch luckily it never happened to me