Opticallimits

Full Version: what lenses do you wish to see arriving on the market
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Everyone of us has his expectations and wishes for new lenses here's mine:

A good portraits lens for APS-C:

Canon 50mm f1.4 Mk II would be great however I wouldn't at all mind having Canon EF/EFS 50 to 60mm f1.0 to 1.2 IS STM

Also a stabilized medium Tele prime would be great 135mmf2.0 IS, an 85mmf1.4 will be sweet

That's it for the time being
There is already a great aps-c portrait prime: 56mm 1.2 for Fuji Wink

Canon doesn't seem to be showing much interest in high end lenses for crop cameras.
Fuji doesn't seem to be showing much interest in high end lenses for full frame 135 format cameras.  Tongue

No, they have been quiet on that front! Smile
Fuji:
  • Very compact 23 f1.8
  • Version 2 of the current 18 f2 but with good corners (perhaps it's my sample, but the corners never get sharp)
  • 100 1:1 macro f2.8
  • Fairly compact 17-67 f4 zoom
MFT:
  • Very compact 9 or 10 f4
  • Fairly compact 13-50 f4 zoom
  • Reasonably sized 17 f1.2
  • Reasonably sized 25 f1.2
Sony FE:
  • Very compact 20 f4
  • Very compact 35 f2
  • Very compact 50 f2
  • Compact 85 f2
^ - agree with all of these

Reinier

I would love a 20-105mm lens with not to much distortion. I know that's is next to impossible, but we are allowed to dream, aren't we.

But if I look to a lens which excists, then I would love a Canon 100mm macro. But all things considering, I am thinking of switching brands/system. I wonder if I should stay with a Dslr-camera altogether. So, that's why I refrain myself for buying any new lenses currently.

Kind regards,

Reinier

Well after a secomd thought Canon EFs 50-100 f1.8 IS STM would be welcome

Reinier

Would it be possible to make a macro zoom lens I was wondering. I know there are zoom lenses which a macro-label on it, but that's at the far end. But would it be possible to produce a true 50-150 macro lens or whatever other range for example?

Kind regards,

Reinier

Yes, that should be possible, just the amount of distance needed to focus to 1:1 will be challenging, over the whole range. That is I guess the main reason why Nikon's macro zoom did not do that.

Pages: 1 2