Opticallimits

Full Version: Sony A6300 + new lenses + teleconverters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We have the long-waited successor to the A6000:

http://petapixel.com/2016/02/03/sony-a63...af-points/

For me the A6000 is fine, I just wanted a decent number of pixels in the EVF, and we got them. For the rest, it sounds we have improved AF (good), and video capabilities (that I don't need). Fortunately no more MP in the sensor (I don't need them); I don't understand yet how many improvements are in the sensor IQ. 

New lenses. 

Teleconverters! They are for the newest 70-200 f/2.8, I suppose they can be mounted to the f/4 too, even though I don't know how they will perform there. Let's wait for some review.

Final notes... Too expensive ($1000, let's see street price). Stupid thing: the screen tilts... downward!  Sad

Smoke 'em if you got 'em. Smile I don't have a horse in this race but the FE lineup looks more interesting with each quarter. Smile However, I fully expect the audience (not here, mind you) to commence the bitching about these lenses being too large. Courtesy of the same people who were complaining about f/4 zooms being too slow.

P.S. I also sense an ultrawide coming at some point because this zoom trinity is not complete. Smile However, for me it wouldn't be a big deal because a 16-35/4 and a stabilized 70-200/2.8 is what I use on Canon anyway.

Let's recap what we're missing in the lineup now:

- an ultrawide prime (below 25mm);

- an ultrafast normal prime (50mm f/1.4 or f/1.2);

- an inexpensive long telezoom (like 70-300/4-5.6 OIS);

- an expensive long telezoom (like 70-400/4-5.6 OIS);

- a 135 mm prime.

Any more ideas?

The lineup is getting mature, indeed. Let's see the quality... 

"Any more ideas?"

Longer teles! M43 and Fuji now have them.

For instance, in competition to Tamron/Sigma 150-600mm f/5-* and Nikkor 200-500mm/f5.6.  Also a 300mm/f4 prime would be fine.

Cool little camera. Lets hope the AF system now will live up to the hype.

Quote:Stupid thing: the screen tilts... downward!  Sad
If it is anything like my old a350 the screen is double hinged so will also tilt upwards.
None of these new lenses are made by Zeiss ...

Quote:Final notes... Too expensive ($1000, let's see street price). Stupid thing: the screen tilts... downward!  Sad

Come on, that's just 2.35 $ per focus point. A Fuji focus point in the X-Pro2 would cost you 6.60 $  ^_^

If the camera is really that fast in AF, 1k$ is not too steep, I think.
Quote:The lineup is getting mature, indeed. Let's see the quality... 

"Any more ideas?"

Longer teles! M43 and Fuji now have them.

For instance, in competition to Tamron/Sigma 150-600mm f/5-* and Nikkor 200-500mm/f5.6.  Also a 300mm/f4 prime would be fine.
I'm not sure there's much sense in making dedicated supertelephotos when there's so much adaptable fare. Unless Sony directly ports one of their designs to the E mount by extending it and changing the motor (to date, I think, there haven't been any examples of that). The Sony user base has a few more sources their users can rely on, and they know this (Sony A, Canon EF). So this is not the case of a lens being totally unavailable within the system. I'm pretty sure that those who need a supertelephoto lens know (and use) their options already. Smile

But maybe I'm wrong and a 100-400 lens is just around the corner. Smile

Quote:Let's recap what we're missing in the lineup now:

- an ultrawide prime (below 25mm);

The 12 mm Zeiss Touit f/2.8!

About the missing telezooms - the A6300 AF is supposed to work using the cheap LA-EA3 adapter for A-mount lenses. There would be no image stabilization though.
Quote:The 12 mm Zeiss Touit f/2.8!

About the missing telezooms - the A6300 AF is supposed to work using the cheap LA-EA3 adapter for A-mount lenses. There would be no image stabilization though.
Well, I see where you're coming from but neither are very "native" for the FE mount, innit? Not everybody is going to go through the hassle of using adapters and/or crop mode (and the latter kinda negates the point of huge FF sensor for many). I don't care a whole lot about an ultrawide prime (unless it's a 14mm or wider, of course, to mesh with my 16-35) but it may be a big deal for many. Consider how popular the 21mm Zeiss lenses (Z* Distagon, Loxia...) are.

Pages: 1 2