Opticallimits

Full Version: next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 USM L II (on APS-C)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Unsurprisingly much better on the 7D II:

http://www.opticallimits.com/canon-eos/9..._35_14apsc

The "sweet spot" is back!

"Much better" is a bit of confusing term. As it shows much less field of view  Rolleyes yet remains the same lens. If you cropped the 5D S testshots it would be the same, wouldn't it? I look forward to meet this guy buying that monster only for his APS-C camera. I think, there's a solid chance to crack the jackpot before. Twice. And the lens test you promised in 2013 in the verdict of the Sigma 35/1.4 Art

Quote:The lens remains a highly interesting beast for its high speed alone. However, if you don't plan to upgrade to a full-format camera anytime soon, you may also consider its cheaper cousin - the Sigma AF 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM | A - which is just as fast but more light-weight and, of course, more affordable. Soon to be seen in this theater as well (in Nikon mount at least). :-)

is still in the make?  ^_^ I know, you're not responsible for the Nikon side of PZ

Quote:"Much better" is a bit of confusing term. As it shows much less field of view  Rolleyes yet remains the same lens. If you cropped the 5D S testshots it would be the same, wouldn't it? I look forward to meet this guy buying that monster only for his APS-C camera. I think, there's a solid chance to crack the jackpot before. Twice. And the lens test you promised in 2013 in the verdict of the Sigma 35/1.4 Art

is still in the make?  ^_^ I know, you're not responsible for the Nikon side of PZ

Oh well, Markus disappeared in the deep sea again ...
Testing fish-eyes?
By the way, I'm not seeing this review mentioned on the main page.  Wink

davidmanze

The Nikor AF-S 58mm F1.4 is not on the main page either, it has been reviewed recently.............

Quote:The Nikor AF-S 58mm F1.4 is not on the main page either, it has been reviewed recently.............
Recently? It was tested in October 2014 according to the review proper.  Wink
For the Nikon section of PZ, 2014 is "recently" Wink
Quote:For the Nikon section of PZ, 2014 is "recently" Wink
Well... whatever happened to Markus, anyway? The backlog on his side of the fence is getting atrocious (though I loved his tests of Sigma 50/1.4 and Tamron 90/2.8 macro).

Pages: 1 2