Opticallimits
Sample gallery Fujinon XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR - Printable Version

+- Opticallimits (https://forum.opticallimits.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Fujifilm (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Sample gallery Fujinon XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR (/showthread.php?tid=1167)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Sample gallery Fujinon XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR - Klaus - 02-08-2016

Quote:Will the 100-400 be before the 18-135 ?

no

Sample gallery Fujinon XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR - Guest - 02-08-2016

Quote:Please, what about 18-135 review?

Any suggested date?
If that takes too long for you let me help you out with my prediction for the PZ conclusion:

"While decently sharp in the center at all apertures, corner performance is weak and only moderately sharpens up at higher apertures, but they never quite reach acceptable levels. Overall, a typical performance for a superzoom comparable to offerings from Canon and Nikon. Considering it's high price, the average IQ a slightly disappointing although the convenience factor is high."

Wink

Sample gallery Fujinon XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR - Brightcolours - 02-09-2016

Quote:If that takes too long for you let me help you out with my prediction for the PZ conclusion:

"While decently sharp in the center at all apertures, corner performance is weak and only moderately sharpens up at higher apertures, but they never quite reach acceptable levels. Overall, a typical performance for a superzoom comparable to offerings from Canon and Nikon. Considering it's high price, the average IQ a slightly disappointing although the convenience factor is high."

Wink
You seem to not have red the Canon 18-135mm STM review Wink

Sample gallery Fujinon XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR - Rover - 02-09-2016

Quote:You seem to not have red the Canon 18-135mm STM review Wink
Seconded; the 18-135 STM is a great lens. Then again, Nikon's new 18-140 unit hasn't been tested here yet, has it?

Sample gallery Fujinon XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR - Guest - 02-09-2016

Quote:Seconded; the 18-135 STM is a great lens. Then again, Nikon's new 18-140 unit hasn't been tested here yet, has it?
Hey now, admittedly I hadn't done that but I wasn't THAT far off...

From the opening statement of the verdict of the Canon 18-135: notice the word DECENT Smile

The Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM IS is a pretty obvious choice for those users seeking for a long universal range while keeping a very decent image quality.

Time will tell if the Fuji review is better, worse, or typical (my guess) of the Canon (and Nikon?) offerings Wink

Sample gallery Fujinon XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR - Klaus - 02-11-2016

The Fujinon 18-135mm is not in the ballpark of the Canon 18-135mm.

I'm sorry to say that but these days barely anything touches the quality of modern Canon lenses.

And I say that as a non-Canon user.

If Canon ever releases a serious mirrorless system I will jump ship. But as of today this ship does not exist.

Sample gallery Fujinon XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR - JJ_SO - 02-11-2016

A steep statement in my eyes - although I don't have an overview or deeper knowledge about modern lens line-ups. But the statement goes against Sony G-lenses, Zeiss and Sigma Art as well as some fresh Tamron glass. Alright, not much in those portfolios which is not FF but still decent.

At the same time I'm wondering how come Canon released only this M-system which appears not very often in a sales-room.

Canon or Nikon to be working on a serious (that of course leaves everything very open) mirrorless system and nearly nothing to read on the usual rumor-sites? They could keep it secret the last 8 months to Photokina? Mirrorless systems are not rocket science, but why's everything so quiet? You think CaNikon are afraid somebody would ask "and why are you still selling entry level DSLRs?"

Sample gallery Fujinon XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR - Klaus - 02-11-2016

Take it or leave it. B)  I think that Canon is king in terms of optical designs at the moment.

Honestly I also think that Zeiss is way overrated as far as their consumer grade stuff is concerned.

Tamron ... wait till tomorrow ...

Sample gallery Fujinon XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR - JJ_SO - 02-11-2016

If I say "steep statement", I'm not saying I disagree  Wink From us both, you saw more lenses than I ever will be able to use. I respect that opinion and I don't doubt you have your reasons to come to it.

Seeing how much Fuji is relying on software lens correction with a simple design like the 35/2 gives me some raised eyebrows. I'd favour a well done lens-design, but then I have to admit the size of any 35/1.8 is still huge against this tiny metal tube with some glass in.

Zeiss made it. People all still bound to a huge reputation they don't always deserve. The way I see it, they are just bluffing by not implementing AF, becaus then they would be judged like any other AF lens. They stick away from the party, produce a little image video form time to time and save a lot of troubles by not implementing AF or IS.

But a Canon mirrorless system has to be more than only great lenses. And with some of their current offerings targeting to amateurs with some wish to work manually, the lens is the weakest part - that goes for G7 X and for G5 X. Altogether the G5 X had good controls and was nice to handle - at the end I stayed away because DPReview was not too happy about it's lens. Small mirrorless systems still have the pocketable DSLR image for hipsters. Canon would have to come up with at least one bigger sensor than APS-C. Well let's see what they are baking.

Sample gallery Fujinon XF 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR - popo - 02-11-2016

Quote:Canon or Nikon to be working on a serious (that of course leaves everything very open) mirrorless system and nearly nothing to read on the usual rumor-sites? They could keep it secret the last 8 months to Photokina? Mirrorless systems are not rocket science, but why's everything so quiet? You think CaNikon are afraid somebody would ask "and why are you still selling entry level DSLRs?"
Why shouldn't they still sell entry level DSLRs? I'm sure they make good money out of it. An entry level mirrorless isn't going to be much different spec wise, other than possibly being smaller. Even when they release a higher end mirrorless, it wont consign low end DSLRs to history right away.

They wont be alone in this, but they can't announce future mainstream cameras much in advance since it will slow sales of the current model, which they will need to shift sooner or later anyway. A possible exception to this is the paper launch if needed to counteract a similar competitor offering, so trying to prevent sales of that by saying wait a little more for ours.