Opticallimits
EOS 6D II and 200D (Rebel SL2) announced - Printable Version

+- Opticallimits (https://forum.opticallimits.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Canon EOS (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: EOS 6D II and 200D (Rebel SL2) announced (/showthread.php?tid=239)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

EOS 6D II and 200D (Rebel SL2) announced - Klaus - 06-29-2017

http://www.canon.co.uk/cameras/eos-6d-mark-ii/

http://www.canon.co.uk/cameras/eos-200d/

EOS 6D II and 200D (Rebel SL2) announced - Rover - 06-29-2017

The 6D Mark II suddenly looks interesting (the original 6D looked meh to me with its blatantly crippled specs). But I'd probably still get the 80D as a backup / lighter body.

EOS 6D II and 200D (Rebel SL2) announced - Klaus - 06-29-2017

I reckon if you don't need the crippled 4K video of the 5D IV, there's little reason not go for the 6D II (in this segment).

EOS 6D II and 200D (Rebel SL2) announced - Rover - 06-29-2017

I don't need the video, period, and I suck as a video shooter. Smile But I may be in the minority on this one.

The articulated screen is the main eye catcher here. I wonder how well spread the AF points are? (my guess: not very)

EOS 6D II and 200D (Rebel SL2) announced - toni-a - 06-29-2017

Although 6D 2 is taking all the attention 200D has everything to be a top seller

EOS 6D II and 200D (Rebel SL2) announced - davidmanze - 06-30-2017

Quote:I reckon if you don't need the crippled 4K video of the 5D IV, there's little reason not go for the 6D II (in this segment).

No headphone socket............

......... only one SD card?   how dumb is that?.......just plain risky for weddings! 

The AF array has the usual FF poor coverage.........I think the same thing when shooting with the D750 after using the D500 the AF array almost comes as a shock when you look through the D750's viewfinder, another area where ML can focus across the frame. I can't see PD AF ever coming close to being able to do that.

EOS 6D II and 200D (Rebel SL2) announced - toni-a - 06-30-2017

Well aside the electronic viewfinder and high FPS, 200D has everything to compete in the APS-C world against the mirrorless offerings, DPAF seems to be a killer feature, remember the big sales come in the entry level world more than the professional world, all the guys I know who went for pro bodies started with entry level bodies and continued with the same brand.  

EOS 6D II and 200D (Rebel SL2) announced - Brightcolours - 06-30-2017

Quote:  

......... only one SD card?   how dumb is that?.......just plain risky for weddings! 

The AF array has the usual FF poor coverage.........I think the same thing when shooting with the D750 after using the D500 the AF array almost comes as a shock when you look through the D750's viewfinder, another area where ML can focus across the frame. I can't see PD AF ever coming close to being able to do that.
The reason for that is the size of the image the AF sub mirror can intercept. So for OVF shooting you always have a more central placement of AF points. Contrary to the D750, the 6D mk II does have PD AF in live view too, which is smooth and fast and has 80% frame coverage.

EOS 6D II and 200D (Rebel SL2) announced - davidmanze - 06-30-2017

Quote:The reason for that is the size of the image the AF sub mirror can intercept. So for OVF shooting you always have a more central placement of AF points.

Contrary to the D750, the 6D mk II does have PD AF in live view too, which is smooth and fast and has 80% frame coverage.

Well, yes that's why I can't see great FF AF coverage,...... even the D5, although with slightly larger spread, is limited.

What "was" the "ace hand" of the DSLR beating ML in all ways with AF, will in the end be it's limitation, as I doubt in the near future whether we will ever see a FF DSLR have decent coverage, while the A9 covers over 90% of the frame.

I notice that on the D500 with the Tamron 150-600mm at 600mm the AF struggles on the outer edge upper and lower points to focus at F6.3 where the 500mm F4 doesn't!  No doubt the oblique angle of light at the edges of a FF AF array would aggravate the problem even more if they tried to cover the whole frame, as well as causing edge inaccuracy, something that the APSc format has few problems with.

No doubt that the 6DII beats the D750 in video. But they just wouldn't  give people 4K and when they did in the 5DMK IV it was with motion Jpg just to be awkward, just like the single card slot in the 6DII. (and no headphone socket.....the expression "the halfpenny of tar that sunk the the ship" springs to mind here)

I just don't know why Nikon doesn't get on their case with on sensor PDAF, Canon has such an advance there which could go some of the way to explain Canon's continued lead in the market even in spite of Nikon using Sony's superior sensors. Canon also benefits from their own home grown sensors which gives them the ability to be in total control of their own game.

Either way between Canon and Nikon they both cripple their feature list one way or another.......

Sony must be delighted!

EOS 6D II and 200D (Rebel SL2) announced - JJ_SO - 06-30-2017

Dave, I made the mistake to think mirrorless were per se more precise in focus - also the focus points cover a wider area. All of that true. To a certain point...

All I say now is meant for Fuji, I don't know µ4/3 or Sony.

AF-C struggles, as it is not performed with open aperture, the lower the light, the worse.

The coverage is wider - but doesn't contain upper and lower horizontal border arrays.

325 focuspoints sounds great, but need time to scroll through.

The coverage of focus points is only valid with single points in AF-S. Other AF-modes don't show so much points.

I don't know, so I ask: Having PDAF in LiveView is cool and fast, does this also mean quicker response to shutter release? More specific, can you release in LiveView without the usual mirror bouncing up and down?