Opticallimits
next OL lens test report: Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8 USM L IS - Printable Version

+- Opticallimits (https://forum.opticallimits.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Canon EOS (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: next OL lens test report: Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8 USM L IS (/showthread.php?tid=4702)

next OL lens test report: Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8 USM L IS - Klaus - 03-29-2020

Very good but the vignetting ...

https://www.opticallimits.com/canon_eos_ff/1087-canonrf1535f28is

RE: next OL lens test report: Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8 USM L IS - Rover - 03-29-2020

I saw this on page one: "when stopped don't a bit". Smile
Re: the vignetting - after the EF III it was kinda unavoidable. Smile I see that to drive the point home, you included the uncorrected chart twice. Smile To be fair though - the same EF 16-35 III had the identical vignetting value of 4.6 EV at the wide end so I'm not sure what lenses the "That's almost 2 f-stops more than on comparable DSLR lenses" line is referring to?
Pretty odd to see an extending 16ish-35 lens, too - I thought the Sonys were the odd ones out.

RE: next OL lens test report: Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8 USM L IS - Klaus - 03-29-2020

Thx :-)

RE: next OL lens test report: Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8 USM L IS - vinksnojoqs - 09-07-2020

(03-29-2020, 08:38 AM)Rover Wrote: I saw this on page one: "when stopped don't a bit". Smile
Re: the vignetting - after the EF III it was kinda unavoidable. Smile I see that to drive the point home, you included the uncorrected chart twice. Smile To be fair though - the same EF 16-35 III had the identical vignetting value of 4.6 EV at the wide end so I'm not sure what lenses the "That's almost 2 f-stops more than on comparable DSLR lenses" line is referring to?
Pretty odd to see an extending 16ish-35 lens, too - I thought the Sonys were the odd ones out.

Looking great work dear, I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post!!

RE: next OL lens test report: Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8 USM L IS - Brightcolours - 09-07-2020

A few little things:

"They added an IS on the RF 24-70mm f/2.8". An image stabilisation? Rather just write "They added IS on/to the RF..."
"..released an RF 28-70mm f/2" should be "a".
".. that is wider and adds an IS" again "an IS"? And the lens did not add anything, someone added IS to it.
"It uses some kind of very high compound material for the body" A very high compound material? Definition: An earth material composed of an aggregation of particles of earth material, possibly including other Compound Materials. Not sure what you meant to write, is it a high quality plastic, is it a high quality composite?
"At the front, there's also the additional, customizable control ring for those who prefer to have an aperture" Comma confusion. "... there's also the additional, customizable, control ring..."
". .overall it is, once again, one of the best ultra-wide lenses that we tested so far. " Was it one of the best UW lenses earlier? "once again: overall it is one of the best..."

RE: next OL lens test report: Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8 USM L IS - davidmanze - 09-07-2020

(09-07-2020, 07:27 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: A few little things:

"They added an IS on the RF 24-70mm f/2.8". An image stabilisation? Rather just write "They added IS on/to the RF..."
"..released an RF 28-70mm f/2" should be "a".
".. that is wider and adds an IS" again "an IS"? And the lens did not add anything, someone added IS to it.
"It uses some kind of very high compound material for the body" A very high compound material? Definition: An earth material composed of an aggregation of particles of earth material, possibly including other Compound Materials. Not sure what you meant to write, is it a high quality plastic, is it a high quality composite?
"At the front, there's also the additional, customizable control ring for those who prefer to have an aperture" Comma confusion. "... there's also the additional, customizable, control ring..."
". .overall it is, once again, one of the best ultra-wide lenses that we tested so far. " Was it one of the best UW lenses earlier? "once again: overall it is one of the best..."

released an RF 24-70mm ....... is correct !!

I think Klaus meant .......... "a very high quality composite material" .......

...... the lens adds IS ....... would have been fine !! ....... no need to know who or what added it .......