• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forums > Back > Next OL lens test - Thypoch Simera 35mm f/1.4
Beautiful in silver but I'd prefer the 28mm f/1.4 instead:

https://opticallimits.com/nikon/nikon-z/...-z-review/
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Hi Klaus, there are no conclusion and alternatives parts of the review. Was this intentional?
Uups, thx for the pointer. No idea what happened there. Fixed.

A very pretty lens indeed ........ but Nikon's latest release of their Z 35mm F1.4 (non S) lens ...... at a lower price than this lens reviewed here, plus auto-focus and an optical formula that also concentrates on bokeh/ 3D pop and produces bigger and rounder balls even wide open .... is also sharper with better contrast at F1.4/F2 ...... 
  ........ this Thypoch Simera lens arrived at an unfortunate time in it's Z mount ......

Out of the 28mm and this 35mm version, the 28mm seems the better lens.
I think those interested in this Nikkor would never buy this Simera lens anyway.

(07-06-2024, 06:49 AM)Klaus Wrote: I think those interested in this Nikkor would never buy this Simera lens anyway.

Yes, it's made this Z mount version a niche product, two years ago it might have sold like hot cakes .... 

btw .... the actual prices for the two lenses are much the same ..... which means the Z 35mm F1.4 is a bargain being $100 dollars or so less than the Z 35m F1.8S (reviewed here and which is one of Nikon's weaker S lenses)
Nikon will clearly sell thousands of these at that price.
One has to be a diehard MF enthusiast to choose this one over the new Nikon lens. Which I guess will be in very short supply at least in the first few months of production.

BTW does Thypoch have any other lenses on the market besides these two?