• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forums > Back > Mirror lenses won't ever go away...
... but $479 for a 250mm ƒ/5.6? What the heck. You can find a good used 70-300mm for one third of the price.

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/nisi-250mm-f-5-6-reflex-lens-now-available-for-preorder-at-bh-adorama/
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
I also wonder why the "rumor" sites are making a fuzz out of this.
Probably because it's currently the rumor dry season.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
I saw another review of a NiSi lens, I can't remember more than it was poor optically and was a no hoper ....
I suppose they hope to make some money to develop something decent
in the future ....... this lens is still in the past however ......

"pleasing donut bokeh" ........ yeah of course!
It can look nice (or at least unobtrusive) under some circumstances.
But I guess there are much better options anyway. The Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 from the DSLR era is one - I still happen to use it from time to time and it's fine even on the Z9 (adapted).
(07-15-2024, 11:29 AM)Rover Wrote: It can look nice (or at least unobtrusive) under some circumstances.

There's no shortage of used mirror lenses that can be bought for peanuts for those rare cases .......
I don't think I will ever buy a MF lens. Smile Would rather spend the money on something of use to me. Besides, I have enough lenses as it is, unless I start giving them away (which is frankly long overdue).
(07-16-2024, 10:35 AM)Rover Wrote: I don't think I will ever buy a MF lens. Smile Would rather spend the money on something of use to me. Besides, I have enough lenses as it is, unless I start giving them away (which is frankly long overdue).

Exactly ........ anyway they are all manual if you switch off AF .......