Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon Z6 MkIII
All specs and many reviews show that the MkIII has been completely updated to nearly the point of the Z8 .... 14 FPS mech.shutter with blackout.. 20 FPS ES without blackout .... a bottomless buffer .... near Z8 AF ........  a semi stacked 24 MPs sensor with 1/3rd of the MKII rolling shutter ......... and a baffling array of video formats ... 

..... and hey yay ....... Nikon has finally given a 5.76 million dot 120 FPS EVF with 4,000 nits brightness ... 
   (in my day you would have been sent home from school with a medicated shampoo for that many) .....  Smile 

Sterling work from Nikon !!
Looks mighty fine although if I had been looking for the second Z-mount body I'd probably go for a crop body, like Zfc? Not sure.
I really like the Z7 here and the Z6 III is surely stunning. I still think that 45mp is the sweet spot in terms of resolution, though.
On the positive side - at 24mp, you don't really have to worry too much about lens quality - most would be "good enough" really.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(06-22-2024, 11:12 AM)Rover Wrote: Looks mighty fine although if I had been looking for the second Z-mount body I'd probably go for a crop body, like Zfc? Not sure.

In my dreams* I've thought about a DX MLC for the reach, but it's only since the release of the Z9/Z8/Zf and the now Z6III that things have really come together for Nikon. 
  The Zfc is as sweet as you like for anything not too demanding, but it ends there really ........ cute but where's  the glass. 
 Canon has it covered with the R7, but there have been problems in birding with shot to shot AF accuracy and rolling shutter.
  I'm beginning to think that the D500 will not see a Z successor.......... and the APSc format will be served by high ML FFCs with around 60 MPs to surpass the D500's 21 MPs in DX mode .... 
 so I think we could be waiting for some years ...... if ever!

* that's where all my photographic purchasing occurs Smile
If it has to be APS-C, then Fuji is the answer - or Sony - but not Canon or Nikon.
For Fuji, APS-C is a core business, for Canon and Nikon, it's ... well ... I don't even know how to classify it.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Well I wouldn't add another system if I can help it. Entertainingly enough I now have 4 cameras in 4 systems now: Nikon Z, Canon EF, Sony E and Samsung NX. Smile
This is an "if" thread.

Yeah, I think this is Nikon talk coming from existing Nikon FF owners who are looking for an APSC body as a subsidiary  ........... if you just want one body then the Z8 is probably the right move being able to shoot 19 Mps in crop mode ....... giving the benefit of both formats ......
 .......... "if" Nikon were to produce a high end APSc body  ..... is where we are today .........