• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forums > Back > I can only see "Just talk"
Were the forums re-arranged or what? I can only see the "Just talk" one...

If I go to a thread in another forum (retrieved by googling), in the breadcrumb I'm seeing e.g.:

Forums > Back > Next OL lens test - Viltrox AF 56mm f/1.7 E

with "Back" instead of the name of the forum ("Sony" in this case). And "back" does what it says, that is it goes back in the navigator history.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Me too. Also, if I click on either View New Posts or View Today's Posts I have to go to the homepage, clicking on OpticalLimits in the upper left, to get back here.
I mentioned it in a different message - it didn't make much sense to have 7 different forums anymore, with some of them dormant for months.

So, I decided to have just a single forum. It was a bit of a hack because MyBB doesn't seem to support a single forum view out of the box.

I tried to merge the old content into this one but for whatever reason, the migration tool supplied by MyBB didn't do anything.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Question 
(09-19-2024, 10:25 PM)Klaus Wrote: I mentioned it in a different message - it didn't make much sense to have 7 different forums anymore, with some of them dormant for months.

So, I decided to have just a single forum. It was a bit of a hack because MyBB doesn't seem to support a single forum view out of the box.

I tried to merge the old content into this one but for whatever reason, the migration tool supplied by MyBB didn't do anything.

I'm mixed. Yes, on one hand it makes sense, but on the other hand it was nice to be able to browse through different forums.

Have you thought about more of a hybrid where you combine forums and end up with just 3 or 4 instead of 7? This is just off the top of my head, but have an APS, FF, & MFT forums. Or, Mirrorless, Slr, & Lenses forum. Or even down to just a Camera and Lens forum. Keep the Just talk too. 

I'm just throwing out ideas. One forum seems a little awkward.
Well, if a forum doesn't receive any message over weeks, it's dead really - because nobody bothers looking anymore.

It may have made sense to have -say- 3 more generic forums ... if the god-damn forum merge would work.
MyBB seems to be in decline but moving to (another) forum engine is time-prohibitive at the moment.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(8 hours ago)Klaus Wrote: Well, if a forum doesn't receive any message over weeks, it's dead really - because nobody bothers looking anymore.

It may have made sense to have -say- 3 more generic forums ... if the god-damn forum merge would work.
MyBB seems to be in decline but moving to (another) forum engine is time-prohibitive at the moment.

I suppose you get a lot of hits for the lens reviews and that's what's keeping this going?

I look on quite often, I just don't post much. I also tend to like the smaller "community" type forums like this. Though the community has dwindled to almost no one. Next question, how can the traffic be boosted? Maybe links in the reviews saying something like what do you think of this lens, or would you but it, or ?? 

It would be a bummer to see your site evaporate into the ether.