• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forums > Back > A very strange behaviour with the Viltrox 56mm F1.7 E
Yes, Klaus's observations created a question here ... though -2.36 EV in the edges/corners is not huge huge .....

I can't remember have you tried another E mount Sony?

maybe you could post a quick Sony E mount thread on DP review to see if anybody else is scratching their heads about the issue .....

..... .... my thoughts are now that it is a rushed FW issue ... which maybe corrected with a later FW .... if not, it is difficult to see what you could do at your end to change it's behaviour ...

........ some things are just unfathomable .....

BTW, I dreamed last night that I lost my D500 while I was putting up plasterboard on a large river bridge, when I looked round someone had pinched it .... even sleeping offers no escape from photographic demons .... (true) ......... it's regular scenario, especially featuring my 600mm F4E) ....... Smile
I tried with FredMiranda because I've some bad memories of DP review forums (too many fanboys). Of course in the end I'll write to Viltrox, but I'd like to collect some more info before.

Yes, at the moment I think of the FW too — maybe the correction profile?

For what concerns nightmares... LOL. In my previous Nikon life I owned an AFS-S 300 ƒ/4: at the time I was mainly focused on wildlife, so it was my workhorse. I was so excited when I got it, it was the longer stuff with a good quality I could afford. It lasted I think less than two years, then all of a sudden electronics went dead. It was bought at the grey market and in Italy the dealer/repairer had (still has perhaps) a reputation of making your life impossible for supporting products not sold through them — which means extremely long repair time without any estimation of the delivery time. So I bought another copy. After three years it also started showing problems with the electronics, but it didn't go dead. Instead, very often it refused to auto-focus. I had to unmount and re-mount it, sometimes multiple times. Then he restarted working, but in the meantime I had usually the subject. I was never able to understand the problem (BTW, I stopped using it in 2015, the last Nikon system piece of equipment I used). I thought it was something like dirty contacts, actually cleaning them seemed to improve things; but a couple of years ago, when I finally sold all of my Nikon equipment, I discovered that in the meantime he was gone dead too. Anyway: for several years I had “nightmares” of being in wildlife hotspots, surrounded by birds (including those living in different parts of the world, and extinct ones) and at the moment of shooting the camera fell apart, or I dropped it, or all of a sudden I was in the middle of water that went inside the gear, etc... LOL!
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.