Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumb photographer advice
When using a fisheye, turn of the flash.

Well it was on accidentally after swapping lenses and I immediately noticed it.
A new dumb photographer advice.

When going three days weekend and you have 2 bodies plus eight lenses plus flashes and a laptop in your huge backpack.

It's a good idea to bring a small backpack for the camera and lens you will be actually using on that day
It's an even better idea to limit the ammount of stuff right in the beginning of the trip.  Big Grin

But I hear you, I also tend to take stuff with me, "just in case". The case never happens, but the other case when I would have need some totally not important things remaing at home, like an extra battery or the tripod plate for the quick release... this case is happy to step in.  :angry:

^_^

Quote:It's an even better idea to limit the ammount of stuff right in the beginning of the trip. Big Grin

But I hear you, I also tend to take stuff with me, "just in case". The case never happens, but the other case when I would have need some totally not important things remaing at home, like an extra battery or the tripod plate for the quick release... this case is happy to step in. :angry:

^_^
As long as gear is staying in the car or hotel room getting gear "just in case" is no big deal. However having to carry everything all around seems a crazy idea
Another one: check the quality / size settings from time to time. It's more difficult to notice if something goes wrong, because you can see misexposed/misfocused shots while reviewing, but the quality setting is not as apparent. Case in point: I was shooting on the Similan islands with my wife's camera, and after a while it went into Small size mode inexplicably. I now have a few cool shots of wild Monitor lizards!...... in glorious 4.5 MP size.  :angry: Well, I should be thankful they're not 640*480, but still...

Quote:It's an even better idea to limit the ammount of stuff right in the beginning of the trip.  Big Grin

But I hear you, I also tend to take stuff with me, "just in case". The case never happens, but the other case when I would have need some totally not important things remaing at home, like an extra battery or the tripod plate for the quick release... this case is happy to step in.  :angry:

^_^

Reminds me of our photo trip last year with the girlfriend. I believe we had one tripod plate for each camera we have Smile. Just in case, you know.
Quote:Reminds me of our photo trip last year with the girlfriend. I believe we had one tripod plate for each camera we have Smile. Just in case, you know.
I never take off tripod plates, I have a tripod plate on the base of each camera I own
Quote:I never take off tripod plates, I have a tripod plate on the base of each camera I own

I usually go for L brackets, which can be limiting in some cameras and lenses so I take them off quite often. The only one I keep permanently on is my A7. 
Another dumb photographer advice: don't invite your wife to the photography club and even if you do, don't give her your own photos to participate in contests  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

Yes it happened, wife is part of the local photography club, and since we have a weekly photo challenge she asked me for a good one, the theme was minimalism and....the photo won, it's not about the praise she got but the winner has the privilege to choose next week theme.

And wife just chose "selfies with babies"

you imagine the rest....

You can send in your profile picture. Easy.

You're welcome.