Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 50-150mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM (DX)
Impressive. Both in terms of performance and size.

http://www.opticallimits.com/nikon--nikk...015028dcos

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Hard to imagine how you could make this lens much better; surprise it isn't a '5'. Btw I looked at a couple of your images and the focus was spot on (for example the otter eating a fish); i presume you auto focus but i'm still surprise at the accuracy of the focus.

Sigma is pressing a lot of the right buttons lately.

The QCs seems have been improved too.

Quote:Hard to imagine how you could make this lens much better; surprise it isn't a '5'.
Well, it needs a really outstanding lens to deserve a 5* rating Smile Even the mighty 200/2 VR failed that mark on the D7000 (but reached it on the D200).
Which also means that 4 stars is already a very high rating, especially for a zoom lens.
Quote:Btw I looked at a couple of your images and the focus was spot on (for example the otter eating a fish); i presume you auto focus but i'm still surprise at the accuracy of the focus.
I do use autofocus, and the AF of the D7000 works very well. However, with a fast moving subject like this one you also need luck, so I often shoot series of images with AF in continous mode. In the sample images, you will of course only see those images that turned out well (and not the many others I deleted).

Oh, and that otter is a penguin, btw. Wink

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Markus, thanks for the review. I wish Sigma did the same outstanding job on their 70-200mm lens.

Quote:Sigma is pressing a lot of the right buttons lately.

The QCs seems have been improved too.
Sigma looks indeed mighty good these days. The 60 mm, f/2.8 DN, on my newish NEX-3N is definitely one of the sharpest lenses I ever had. Love it!!
You know. I thought that otter was a bit weird. Couldn't quite figure out how it ended up with a beak.

Quote:Oh, and that otter is a penguin, btw. Wink

-- Markus
Quote:I wish Sigma did the same outstanding job on their 70-200mm lens.
Agree. But given the history of that lens, it's due for an upgrade, I'd say Smile I guess they'll release it as a new sports lens someday. Let's just hope they modify a little more than they did with the 120-300 OS...

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Quote:You know. I thought that otter was a bit weird. Couldn't quite figure out how it ended up with a beak.
Some progressive otters are really clever in camouflage...
Hey, when could you test the Zeiss 35mm f1.4 ZF.2 or ZE version?