Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentax K-01 discontinued
Well, the concept was probably a little too bold.

Quote:Well, the concept was probably a little too bold.
I quite liked the way it looked - something different.  Reminded me to the design of the AGFA Optima range of the 70ies. 

But then technologically it seemed flawed (AF performance, screen visisibility in bright light) and I am not in the market for a system change right now.  mFT serves me well.
enjoy
  The KO1 is very under-estimated,the IQ is top notch and with the firmware update the AF is good enough.Focus peaking makes for a good manual camera too.

The DA 21 snuggles up a treat on it  and with the FA50 1.4 in the pocket,  it's a carry anywhere camera. 

Yes, it's sad man!    Like  Boo Hoo 

Dave's clichés

Quote:  The KO1 is very under-estimated,the IQ is top notch and with the firmware update the AF is good enough.Focus peaking makes for a good manual camera too.

The DA 21 snuggles up a treat on it  and with the FA50 1.4 in the pocket,  it's a carry anywhere camera. 

Yes, it's sad man!    Like  Boo Hoo 

Dave's clichés

Even so it was still a compromise compared to native mirrorless systems.
Sure, it had a lot of faults,chunky, no VF,etc. but if you are a Pentax guy with lenses every thing starts to come together,especially at 300 euros with 3 batteries.It's also rare to have a second more compact body that has exactly the same IQ as your DSLR., 

I hope I get to buy mine before they run out. I really do want one.

No replacement in sight?

Quote:I hope I get to buy mine before they run out. I really do want one.

You better be quick. Stock seems low already - at least where they fly blue-and-yellow flags.
enjoy
Quote:No replacement in sight?

Would be surprised if there was. As far as I can make out it was a not-so-successful trial - at least when actual sales are concerned.
enjoy
Quote:Even so it was still a compromise compared to native mirrorless systems.

Well...K-01 is not a mirrorless system.  It's an very nice accessory back for anyone with a bag of native K-mount lenses.

On the other hand, mounting K-mount lenses on other mirrorless systems really is a compromise.