Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuji roadmap 2017
see attachment

The latest 2 lenses are described in chinese... not that easy to read ;-)

Here is a version in english:

[Image: pic_01.jpg]

The UWA zoom is rumored to be a 8-16 f2.8

I'm actually very much looking forward to finally having a true macro lens in the lineup!

The telephoto prime will hopefully make wildlife photog happy.

--Florent

Flickr gallery
It was Kanji - Japanese  ^_^

Fuji's roadmap appears to be a PR balloon, appearing each one and then to stay in discussion. 

What is wrong with the 60 mm macro? I really don't know, I haven't look into that lens.

I'm extremely disappointed and annoyed by the lack of a 16/2.

Quote:I'm extremely disappointed and annoyed by the lack of a 16/2.
The 18mm f2 won't do it for you?
Quote:I'm extremely disappointed and annoyed by the lack of a 16/2.

The 16/1.4 is weather-sealed and very good. Also, I like the extra metal lenshoods of the f/1.4 family more than the cheapo f/2 or the metal types whoch are cylindrical (and a bit less useful). This lens I would not change against a f/2 version, while the 23/2 still is tempting for me.
Quote:The 16/1.4 is weather-sealed and very good. Also, I like the extra metal lenshoods of the f/1.4 family more than the cheapo f/2 or the metal types whoch are cylindrical (and a bit less useful). This lens I would not change against a f/2 version, while the 23/2 still is tempting for me.

16/1.4 is indeed a very good lens but not many people can afford it and not everyone wants to walk around with such a huge lens. I absolutely love it and it's one of the first lenses I'd consider for building a X-System setup but even then, I'd be tempted by a smaller 16/2 offering. Also I've directed a lot of my friends into buying Fuji and most of them simply use the 16-50 kit lens on the wide end because 18mm is too narrow and 1/1.4 is too big/expensive.

Quote:The 18mm f2 won't do it for you?

It's not a very good lens and I hate the focal length. Between 24mm and 40mm is a whole area of uninteresting focal lengths for me. 

Seriously, otherwise I'd keep the Sigma 19mm I had, buy the Sony 28/2 for my A7, go into Contax G and/or Leica M system without a doubt. I just can't like 28mm lenses.
Come on, "huge lens"  Rolleyes that's compared to one of the f/2 series with filters around M49 / M46 - but compared to a 24/1.4 FF with M77, the Fuji with it's M67 is just in between and doesn't look huge in front of a X-T2 or X-E2. "Huge" is not the attribute I'd use for it - and I like it a lot. For me it's just one of the great Fujinons, I use it regularly.

It's also smaller and I think even lighter than my Batis 25/2 (More comparable lens than a 24/1.4 IMHO) but I'd still be tempted by an even smaller lens.

I'd even consider buying the 14/2.8 in addition to the 16/1.4, mostly because it's smaller. It's also another fantastic lens.

For UWA, I went for Touit 12/2.8, mostly becasue I like to have the wider range. It's not as good as the 14/2.8, but for real high sharpness I take a Sigma dp0quattro with 14/4 lens - as long as no frontlight confuses the sensor, that's better than everything I have for UWA.