Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sample gallery Canon EF 85mm f/1.4 USM L IS
(04-13-2018, 10:57 AM)Klaus Wrote:
(04-13-2018, 10:54 AM)JJ_SO Wrote:
(04-13-2018, 10:41 AM)Klaus Wrote:
(04-13-2018, 10:32 AM)JJ_SO Wrote:
(04-13-2018, 10:04 AM)Klaus Wrote: Sorry, will not hire a model to make you happy.
You don't have to do anything to make me happy, after all it's a Canon lens. I've nothing to plug it in.  Tongue And I don't think DPReview, Lensrentals, Lenstip, Photographylife ever hired a model to show portrait capabilities of a lens... I just say, hiring a model is not the only possibility.

The thing is - this site is back in hobby mode and that means I'm doing things for fun only. Make your guess what I consider to be the most boring photo discipline of them all.  :-)

Racing cars are not often seen here.  Rolleyes

I could help you with a Pajero Sport. But that "Sport" is different. ;-)

No, that's alright, as I said, you don't have to do anything to make me happy. Please stay in comfortzone...  Wink
(04-13-2018, 10:04 AM)Klaus Wrote: Sorry, will not hire a model to make you happy.

I don't think it is about hiring a model actually, but for a guy like you who likes numbers dunno how would you rate pleasant and unpleasant skin tones, however was considering if you could shoot a standard target like color checker passport 
http://xritephoto.com/colorchecker-passport-photo
then post colors compared to a standardized  shot it should look like that 
[Image: csm_Foto_GalaxyJ5_2016_ColorChecker_Comp...e8fb9e.jpg]
Too confusing.
Why do we want to test the camera's white balancing capabilities?
Such an approach would make sense for a static WB setting. How many people are running around with grey cards? Yes, you do that in a studio environment but in a studio environment, you can recalibrate your WB at any time when changing a lens (and pros have multiple calibrated cameras anyway).
I continue to doubt that there's a "skin tone" topic in digital for the average mortal. If you find skin tones to be better or worse these days, it is a discussion about contrast in my opinion.
If "skin tones" were relevant, the same discussions would come up with landscape, architecture etc. pp - because "skin tones" is about color reproduction and that applies to everything.
Based on my experience, there are indeed substantial differences in color reproduction ... between cameras (their individual profiles) ... but not between lenses (in AWB mode).
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
From colors I can easily tell which photo was taken  my 50f1.4 at f1.4 or stepped down, colors are washed out with low contrast at f1.4, making photos barely usable.
Even though central resolution at f1.4  (if you manage to get focus right) is on par with 17-55at f2.8 the photos with 17-55 have better colors with higher contrast, And I guess this has nothing to do with white balance.
The white balance thing is for lenses with color cast maybe that was relevant for older lenses, I never saw any of it with  lenses manufactured after I was born
This color reproduction or skin stuff is just about a camera's default tone curve and LUT of the manufacturer (or Adobe, C1, etc.) for a given camera.
The exact same color reproduction can theoretically be achieved with any RAW file from any camera.
Now, the defaults of certain manufacturers/RAW file converter may appeal more to some people than others.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Klaus, you can hire yourself as a model. Smile
(04-16-2018, 11:21 AM)Rover Wrote: Klaus, you can hire yourself as a model. Smile

The 5DSR does not have a swivel screen Wink

I could use a photogenic animal for such a purpose.

.jpg   donnadaffodils.jpg (Size: 174.86 KB / Downloads: 12)
(04-16-2018, 11:21 AM)Rover Wrote: Klaus, you can hire yourself as a model. Smile

Bare chested of course!    Tongue
Have self timers and / or remote releases gone so far out of fashion already? Tongue