Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
While we are at it - a new Samyang 24mm f/2.8 ...
https://photorumors.com/2018/06/04/first...-fe-mount/
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Any plans to test the Samyang E mount lenses? (I mean the new ones, of course, not the extended "dumb" lenses of yore)
Very nice compact lens. Goes well with the Samyang FE 35mm f2.8.
They just need to make two other compact ones: a 20mm f2.8 and a 85mm f2.8.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
14/2.8 seems pretty good, I actually thought about it for a while. Then I concluder that it'd be better to spend the triple amount and buy the 12-24/4G instead.
(06-07-2018, 07:17 AM)Rover Wrote: Any plans to test the Samyang E mount lenses? (I mean the new ones, of course, not the extended "dumb" lenses of yore)

Given the fact that the resale value is next to non-existent, I can't commit to this. If there's a no-brainer deal of some kind - maybe.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(06-07-2018, 11:12 PM)Klaus Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 07:17 AM)Rover Wrote: Any plans to test the Samyang E mount lenses? (I mean the new ones, of course, not the extended "dumb" lenses of yore)

Given the fact that the resale value is next to non-existent, I can't commit to this. If there's a no-brainer deal of some kind - maybe.

Is there nobody you know around with the same interest to borrow you lenses for testing? I was contemplating doing some reviews on my own, and I know there's a bunch of colleagues who might be willing to loan me their stuff for a day or so, to make an evaluation (if I were to start this, of course, I would be doing it in tandem with someone who has either 5DSR or A7R Mark II).

Interesting that while it is often said that the go-to journalistic kit is pretty obvious (16-35, 24-70, 70-200 zooms), I can name no two people in the area with exactly the same gear set. Smile Mine must be (one of) the most esoteric though. Smile
16-35, 24-70, 70-200 is the kit every wedding photographer has here, some have also 15mm fisheye and many appreciate a lot 85f1.2.
For journalists, freelance is now the rule, however those who are still there, they still use aging equipment they bought when they moved from film, you can find plenty of 30D plus 17-85 for instance.
Back to the subject we suggested in the past, photozone eBay shop, where you can buy a lens already tested.
As for Samyang e-mount, I am interested in a 85mm variant, once available I can order it to Klaus address he can resend it here after the test is done, many others could do the same.
(06-08-2018, 10:01 AM)toni-a Wrote: 16-35, 24-70, 70-200 is the kit every wedding photographer has here, some have also 15mm fisheye and many appreciate a lot  85f1.2.
For journalists, freelance is now the rule, however those who are still there, they still use aging equipment they bought when they moved from film, you can find plenty of 30D plus 17-85 for instance.
Back to the subject we suggested in the past, photozone eBay shop, where you can buy a lens already tested.
As for Samyang e-mount, I am interested in a 85mm variant, once available I can order it to Klaus address he can resend it here after the test is done, many others could do the same.

I don‘t even want to think about the shipping costs to the Lebanon from Australia. ;-)
There were benefits to living in Europe after all, I guess - the market (in the broad sense of the word) is a lot more populous. Smile
I did think of sending some of my stuff to Klaus for evaluation but that was before he had moved, and moving stuff from/to my country is still a little complicated. Handing it over in person would've been much simpler but I never did come near Germany except one occasion when I spent the night between two Ryanair flights in Wiese (sp?) - that was an experience I don't want to partake in for a while, I think. Not that the country was bad but Ryanair... ugh.
Oh well, first review just in.
https://www.ephotozine.com/article/samya...view-32367
Personally I find it a little hard to believe these results.