Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon mirrorless is official now
(07-24-2018, 09:55 PM)Klaus Wrote: "Full format" is just a meaningless definition. It wouldn't be too bizarre if they went for something slightly bigger or smaller...
I think today I will test a Sigma on Canon ... ;-)
Well, bigger, equal to so-called FF or smaller is only petrol in the eternal flame of the guardians of equivalence. There are good answers for all three options, I just think, it depends a little bit on capacities of sensor producers?

Meanwhile I enjoy the preparations of the launch, the pre-launch, the teasers: one dude is pushing the shadows of the teaser movie to see the controls, interfaces and whatever - better said, to guess them. the other dude is taking a profile shot, measures the hot-shoe and calculates all visbible and possible dimensions.

The only thing is,I never saw a hot shoe 25 mm long. The three (!*) I checked, were 15, 16.7 and 16.9 mm long.

You decide for yourself who's more stiupid - the guy with te wrong calculations over at NR or the guy triple checking got-shoes, I don't wanna call names, JJ_SO, but you know... :/

It reminds me to a premiere audience already sitting and chatting and waiting for he curtain to open up. One is coughing, 4 are joining, the other three are searching their sour drops, 6 people are filling the content of their noses and apparently some small animals into 11 handkerchiefs.

Orchestra? Which orchestra? What piece? conduc...why? who cares?

And it's FF...

Read more: https://nikonrumors.com/2018/07/25/offic...ore-123874

Or on 2 billions of other sites which will go mad about this surprising step of a brand famous for being late to the party....

Now two other messages I'd like to throw in:

Sony anounced a 48 MP smartphone sensor with "quad bayer" sensor. Quad are these motorbikes with support wheels... Big Grin
And in the US it's still not easy to buy a D850, out of stock for months. So there's on dude like Dagobert Duck piling them in his safe?
Nikon announces more ML vagaries.................and "plea bargains" for folk to not go Sony ......yet!.........(cringe-worthy)

All this whimpering and mincing.........come on Nikon..........pull yourself together.....behave like a grown man!
Interesting thoughts. Especially the dots. The rest of it fell a bit (or two) short in making it a great day for me, but hey, I'm sure Nikon is reading all of your suggestions.

At least sometimes they are acting as if.
(07-24-2018, 09:55 PM)Klaus Wrote: "Full format" is just a meaningless definition. It wouldn't be too bizarre if they went for something slightly bigger or smaller.
I still think, however, that APS-H would be a sweet spot for mirrorless - albeit I think that it is unlikely.

Oh Klaus, can I buy you a beer / soda / coffee? Smile I believe there's no bigger APS-H nerd in the world than me so what you're writing is a sight for sore eyes. Big Grin Pity that it's not that likely to happen though.
August 23rd is the official release date
There's a "confirmed rumour" (whatever that is) on Nikon rumors which says, there will be a Nikon Z-Noct-Nikkor 58mm f/0.95 lens. Also to be announced in August 23rd? And two bodies, Z6 and Z7 (low light 24 MP and less low light but 45 MP).

I'm wondering how long it will Sigma take to offer their Art lenses in Z-mount. Mount diameter will be bigger, so the lenses will not look like a fat beer glass with a straw at the end (like the Sony and Sigma versions...) Big Grin
In patents that surfaced last year, there was mention on a 52mm (50mm) f0.9 and a 36mm (35mm) 1.2 lens.
https://hi-lows-note.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2017-09-07
(08-14-2018, 07:52 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: In patents that surfaced last year, there was mention on a 52mm (50mm) f0.9 and a 36mm (35mm) 1.2 lens.

Might be. In Nikon and other rumors, 58/0.95 is mostly mentioned. 
Whichever comes out,  certainly it is a niche which makes sense for Nikon, now that they will have big mount and short flange distance.

With overall market under pressure, small DOF / low light is an area that can be profitable and can find it’s user base.
(08-14-2018, 08:10 AM)MatjazO Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 07:52 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: In patents that surfaced last year, there was mention on a 52mm (50mm) f0.9 and a 36mm (35mm) 1.2 lens.

Might be. In Nikon and other rumors, 58/0.95 is mostly mentioned. 
Whichever comes out,  certainly it is a niche which makes sense for Nikon, now that they will have big mount and short flange distance.

With overall market under pressure, small DOF / low light is an area that can be profitable and can find it’s user base.
Lets be patient and wait. Wi will see what comes first.
M\\My personal opinion - building first 58/0.95 seems like building a new house without fundamentals.
Probably target is to get as many non Nikon / Sony users while keeping current user base close as long as possible. Should give them time for transition.
Interesting result from Nikon rumors poll, though:
https://nikonrumors.com/2018/08/14/nikon...ll-2.aspx/

Majority looking into new camera is existing are DSLR users.