Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Interesting to see re-born of slow speed lenses
- 500/5,6 instead of old 500/4.0
- 35/1,8
- 50/1,8
Just 1.5kg for the 500mm are interesting
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
In collaboration with the stabilisation f/5.6 is rather good at this weight and size - and the lens appears to be more affordable than an f/4.
(08-23-2018, 05:58 AM)miro Wrote: Interesting to see re-born of slow speed lenses
  - 35/1,8
  - 50/1,8

They're announced not "instead" of the faster lenses, but in addition to them. Those who have money to burn and more muscle can still, of course, buy the brand spankin' new 500/4, 600/4, etc.

What we're not seeing, of course, is the rebirth of the super fast lenses made in the film (or even pre-AF) days, like the Canon 50/1.0, Nikon 300/2, etc. Presumably with the high ISOs becoming practical and easy to use, there's just not enough demand anyway.
(08-23-2018, 07:57 AM)Rover Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 05:58 AM)miro Wrote: Interesting to see re-born of slow speed lenses
  - 35/1,8
  - 50/1,8

They're announced not "instead" of the faster lenses, but in addition to them. Those who have money to burn and more muscle can still, of course, buy the brand spankin' new 500/4, 600/4, etc.

What we're not seeing, of course, is the rebirth of the super fast lenses made in the film (or even pre-AF) days, like the Canon 50/1.0, Nikon 300/2, etc. Presumably with the high ISOs becoming practical and easy to use, there's just not enough demand anyway.
Noct 58/0.95, 50/1.2 don't count?
Just found a post on Nikon Rumors about a "hidden" video of this lens, which is on Nikon US only - and their marketing morons again were incapable to bublish it more widely. I like to share it not because of the lens but the pictures are partly stunning: https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-produc...dzinski.bc
Great article. Very well explained. Thanks for the share.
Michael Bublish ;-)
Thanks, Apple, for the outstandingly creative autocorrection. Which at least was clever or subtle enough to stay for three months under BC's RADAR Big Grin

First I thought I really was combining publish and babble (that's what marketeers do, no?), but that's post-interpreting. Meanwhile I've seen more samples of the lens and I like what I saw. Weight and IQ are very cool, shortcomings are the crappy tripod foot, the inflexible focus limiter and as a prime I'd like to have it a shorter MFD. I think I will rent one and see how it goes.