Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Canon 63 MP sensor coming
Info is almost official 

https://www.dpreview.com/news/9908056594...data-sheet

should be the sensor of upcoming EOS high resolution body 

It seems new DSLRs should be coming also...

let's wait and see how this sensor should perform versus Sony sensors
First thought - another noise generator (like the one on the 5Ds R).
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
http://sonyaddict.com/2018/12/04/the-new...et-leaked/

Nikon signed for the low(er) end version: https://nikonrumors.com/2019/04/23/rumor...x455.aspx/

Masses of pixels don't make better pictures. There would be so much to do before increasing pixel density, but that's apparently the cheapest way to attract customers. Better Focus bracketing/stacking, Olympus' Live Bulb - and why isn't it possible to change the sensor like it's possible to change a digital back? Getting always new bodies is the same "strategy" used for smartphones - not wonder margins go down. 15 MP more a re no real extra benefit.
The EOS 5DS® have older generation technology sensors, this rumored (lots of grammar errors in the "leaked document" so I am not sure it is legit, as Canon usually uses correct english in it sublications) sensor would have the newer tech, so not "a noise generator" like the 5DS ®
Would it allow 8K recording in an APS-C crop? This is where the next generation or 2 of sensors will be going to, after all.
(04-24-2019, 02:05 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: The EOS 5DS® have older generation technology sensors, this rumored (lots of grammar errors in the "leaked document" so I am not sure it is legit, as Canon usually uses correct english in it sublications) sensor would have the newer tech, so not "a noise generator" like the 5DS ®

We're living in times when autocorrection determines most of our digitally written conversation - or did you really mean "sublications"? What was your intention to put R in brackets and get ® as registered trademark (at least in my Safari)?

On DPReview, there's already an

Quote:Update (April 23, 2019): As noted by CanonNews, it seems very likely this sensor could be either an old sensor that never came to fruition or possibly a sensor for industrial purposes. There are discrepancies between this leaked document and past documents, but nothing conclusive has pointed in any direction. The headline of this article has been edited to emphasize that this is merely a potential sensor we could see in the future, nothing definitive.

I bolded the sentence.
"... in its publications" :-D
I typed
(
R
)
, the website software made an ® out of it. There are two models, the 5DS and one with an R added to that name.
Canon 5D mkIV sensor I guess same one in EOS R have dual pixel RAW, seems Canon are abandoning this technology..
At the end of the day, the number of photons is limiting the number of meaningful megapixels.

I suspect that from here on, we'll see more aggressive on-sensor noise reduction techniques to push the limits a little. I reckon in the next couple of years, we'll see the return of "painted" images again at higher ISOs.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
So you will stop using MFT or something? Because they have smaller pixels...