•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The long-awaited 16-80mm f/4 seems to be ready
We have been promissed a bloodbath and won't settle for anything less.
You asked for one, I didn't promise one Wink
Editor
opticallimits.com

(02-12-2020, 09:58 AM)mst Wrote: You asked for a bloodbath... this looks promising.

No one was asking for a bloodbath until you came up with that idea Wink
How about introducing a new label "Avoid at any cost" similarily to the highly regarded "Highly recommended" but at the other end of the spectrum ? ;-)
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Nah... I wouldn't want to risk our reputation by going down to or even below Rockwell level Wink
Editor
opticallimits.com

(03-11-2020, 07:35 AM)mst Wrote: Nah... I wouldn't want to risk our reputation by going down to or even below Rockwell level Wink

But this way you could get a ton of new subscribers, Fuji fanboys would go beserk and Angry
Without knowing the results - I'm expecting something in the realm of the 18-135mm. Maybe a tad better.
Thus not a bloodbath.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(03-11-2020, 11:48 AM)Klaus Wrote: Without knowing the results - I'm expecting something in the realm of the 18-135mm. Maybe a tad better.
Thus not a bloodbath.

With this lens being so polarizing, any way to provide some qualitative comparisons in the review to other Fuji lenses? Since the testing body has changed, we won't really be able to compare any of the analytical results to the other Fuji lenses.

I know you are all super busy, but if there is a way to test a couple of the popular Fuji lenses on the new body, that would help provide some comparisons going forward.

Thanks, will be eagerly awaiting the review!
You will get results on both the old and the new sensor. And I plan to retest as many lenses on the newer sensor as I can.
Editor
opticallimits.com

Thanks, Markus.

Do you have the 35mm f1.4?
If not, I'd gladly lend you mine, as well as the 14mm f2.8 and 56mm f1.2.

Let me know!
--Florent

Flickr gallery

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next