Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next OL lens test - Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.2 PRO
Perfect score ... 

https://opticallimits.com/m43/1071-olympus45f12
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Awesome lens it seems. I've had my eyes on this lens for some time.
Will you keep it in your bag?
It's a rental lens ...

"And if you need something like a 85mm f/1.2 or f/1.4 on a mirrorless full-format camera"
Why would you need a 85mm f1.2 or f1.4? This lens is after all a ~ 90mm f2.4 FF equivalent, so for instance a Tamron 85mm f1.8 VC USD would do what this does (or a Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro almost). Or is "mirrorless" your secret point here?

Anyway, not at all bad for a 90mm f2.4 FF equivalent lens, with a reasonable weight, and nice rendering to boot. Nicer than the Nikkor Z 85mm f1.8 S at close focus, for sure. And certainly a lot nicer than my Canon FL 55mm f1.2 and Nikkor-S•C 55mm f1.2 that I'd use on APS-C to get the same FOV and (closed down) same DOF.
The Fuji 56mm f1.2 R is weighs less and is smaller than this Oly, and appears to be the only current APS-C competitor. That lens is faster (here come the equivalence flamers), but (according to Klaus' results) a bit less sharp in the borders.

Nice job, Olympus.
If you are interested in a fast lens for MFT, anything DSLR-like is a bit out of question really ...

(10-05-2019, 06:50 AM)borisbg Wrote: Awesome lens it seems. I've had my eyes on this lens for some time.

And you guessed it right when Klaus was teasing us with the resolution chart. Smile
By the way, the optical formula of the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.2 Pro was patented by Sigma (so were those of the 75mm f/1.8 and 25mm f/1.2 Pro). The patent request was filed by Sigma on the 24th of July, 2017 (2017-142519) and published on the 14th of February, 2019 (2019-023693).

Olympus lens.

[Image: index.php?action=dlattach;topic=276525.0;attach=1072373]

Example 1 in the patent (the three other ones are similar).

[Image: index.php?action=dlattach;topic=276525.0;attach=1072374]
Big Grin 
(10-05-2019, 05:27 PM)Rover Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 06:50 AM)borisbg Wrote: Awesome lens it seems. I've had my eyes on this lens for some time.

And you guessed it right when Klaus was teasing us with the resolution chart. Smile

First time, after 300 years of being  member at PZ.
When did you start skipping the LoCA test on fast lenses ? Doesn't this lens have quite a bit of LoCA ? Should 5/5 lenses be APO - like the zeiss otus ?
I just added the LoCA samples (but I don't always provide this - and I rarely did so for MFT lenses).

Zero LoCAs aren't REQUIRED for 5/5. There's no such thing as absolute perfection. Mostly the rating is driven by the MTFs and this combined with the quality of the bokeh is certainly sufficient for a 5-star rating.