Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon EOS 1Dx III coming
https://www.canonnews.com/complete-speci...x-mark-iii
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
They opted for a 20MP sensor so we should expect a stellar noise performance
It says -6EV in live view, so one would expect pretty good noise performance.
Here we go:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/porta...x-mark-iii

Looks like a really solid work horse for the coming years.

Can't resist: wow, 4 illuminated buttons! Wink

Seriously, however: the AF touch controller sounds like a really great idea.
Editor
opticallimits.com

(01-07-2020, 08:22 AM)mst Wrote: Here we go:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/porta...x-mark-iii

Looks like a really solid work horse for the coming years.

Can't resist: wow, 4 illuminated buttons! Wink

Seriously, however: the AF touch controller sounds like a really great idea.

No, the AF-touch controller will be a nightmare to use for AF-ON users*. But for all others it will be a better joystick. And no AA filter, but a Low pass filter "which mimics to be no Low pass filter" and lead to the question why at all a filter - but I already know somebody's answer: "to avoid fake sharpness" Big Grin

* there's a reason why sensor pads and pushbuttons are not the same for critical tasks. Heck, even on a big touchpad I can occasionally slip away when pushing it.

But cool that Canon came out with a 6500$ pro DSLR, so Nikon can squeeze out 500 more for no better features Smile

Actually, 7500 with a set of decent CFE cards. Nikon users at least could use their XQD-cards and don't need to stock new ones, no?  Sad
Well, since none of us has tried the touch controller so far, I don't feel I can comment on whether it's terrible or not. But I like the idea, since I think it has the potential to be faster than the usual joysticks and at least at dpr they like it.
Regarding the price difference to the upcoming D6: the D6 is rumored to have IBIS. That would definitely justify the price. Oh, and more than 4 buttons illuminated Wink
Editor
opticallimits.com

There's one guy who already has had been using the 1DX III - and he's really happy with that new joystick:
http://naturfotocamp.de/blog/post/erste-...x-mark-iii (german)

A detailed whitepaper about 1DX III
(01-07-2020, 11:13 AM)mst Wrote: Well, since none of us has tried the touch controller so far, I don't feel I can comment on whether it's terrible or not. But I like the idea, since I think it has the potential to be faster than the usual joysticks and at least at dpr they like it.
Regarding the price difference to the upcoming D6: the D6 is rumored to have IBIS. That would definitely justify the price. Oh, and more than 4 buttons illuminated Wink

Aaahh, these crippled mirrorless bodies just for the sake of. flapping mirror...

Chris did like it but also said, he was struggling because the sensitivity was rather high. You're right of course, not much tried it so far and I certainly won't - I don't know any Canon users who'd run for it.

You think, the D6 would get IBIS? I don't. Smile And we'll see at some time, but it's rather sure, that the D6 won't have a hybrid EVF/OVF. So we might see some pro's holding their tools like smartphones with overweight lenses as they also would like to benefit from the +500 focus points.
Well, Radomir is a brand embassador, so he has to be happy with it Wink

No worries, I know him long enough to trust his words and his reviews, even though he's of course Canon-biased. I remember very well when he asked around in the dforum for the 'best bokeh lens' many years ago when he first experimented with the kind of backlight/silhouette shots that later became his signature shots for a while.

But to judge the button, a 'neutral' opinion would maybe be more helpful.

(01-07-2020, 11:25 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: Aaahh, these crippled mirrorless bodies just for the sake of. flapping mirror...

...and an OVF, at least in my case.

(01-07-2020, 11:25 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: Chris did like it but also said, he was struggling because the sensitivity was rather high. You're right of course, not much tried it so far and I certainly won't - I don't know any Canon users who'd run for it.

Well, if this works, I'm sure you'll soon see it on lower cost bodies, too.

(01-07-2020, 11:25 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: You think, the D6 would get IBIS? I don't. Smile

I do Wink

Seriously: they have the technology, so why NOT use it in their top DSLR?
Editor
opticallimits.com

sure, some will be in heaven and some in hell ;-)