Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fujifilm X-T4 announcement on Feb 26th
It was confirmed by Fujifilm at the X-Summit that the announcement will happen on Feb 26th.

So, from the good old product announcement we made it to more and more common development announcements and now to the next level: announcement announcements Wink
Editor
opticallimits.com

(02-05-2020, 10:04 AM)mst Wrote: It was confirmed by Fujifilm at the X-Summit that the announcement will happen on Feb 26th.

So, from the good old product announcement we made it to more and more common development announcements and now to the next level: announcement announcements Wink

That Fuji is able to travel in time you can see on their various ideas which focal length would suit to f/1.0

Who knows, one day this lens will arrive in a DeLorean...
Ought to be a great camera. Lots of people I know (news photographers) are using the X-T3 already, and are enthusiastic about its performance; this is bound to be even better.
(02-05-2020, 06:53 PM)Rover Wrote: Ought to be a great camera. Lots of people I know (news photographers) are using the X-T3 already, and are enthusiastic about its performance; this is bound to be even better.

So, tell me, what is "better" in this aspect? Another Fuji body (X-T3) disconnected to the thin flood of Kaizen updates? A bit more than 4K video? The usual clumsy UI with still no possibilities to save user settings?
If it really adds IBIS from the X-H1 then the T4 is going to be a gamechanger. It's not something a firmware update can add, anyway, and I thought these days most cameras are pretty well done from the get go, without a pressing need for the software to be upgraded drastically?

Note: I don't care about video, and never in all my life had to save/load user settings so I'm not sure about the rest of your points.
Come on, Rover. A "gamechanger"? If it's only IBIS, this doesn't change that much - Fuji has some OIS lenses plus X-H1, so the anti-wobble-gobble was already available.

When I use a Z body, I don't feel the game has changed much compared to the non-IBIS D850, but in terms of transport and AF accuracy, the whole shabangg of mirrorless - that is a change. But Fuji only has mirrorless and they have a capable IBIS body already. So wether it has or has no IBIS, it's only one of their evolutions which lowers the prices of the current bodies.

If it's coming with a fully articulated screen we're talking again. If it's coming with two banks for user settings, we're talking. If it's coming with an Arca Swiss bottom plate, we're talking.

But for a "gamechanger" I definitely want to see a bit more than only an evolution.

EDIT: On Fujirumors there's already IBIS and fully articulated screen as given specs. So, let's see, if that rumors become realmors.
Looking forward to see how much X-T4 has been improved comparing to X-T3 from photography point of view. For video is it going to be a big gap, for sure.
...will there be an X-T40...???...
There'll be a X-T40 but it seems as if there'll be an X-H2 before that.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji