Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest on EOS R5
Yesterday, Canon announced some more news on the Canon EOS R5 (and on the new C300 II video camera).

As I was amazed by the fact that nobody here reacted yet, I thought I'd link to the Canon USA site with the latest info on the R5:
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/porta...ses/eos-r5

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Usually first thing mentioned about a camera is megapixel count no mention of it...but if it can do 8K
and since 8K is 8192×4320. and since Canon has said that 8K recording uses the full width of the sensor, the sensor would be 8192 pixels wide. Canon sensors use a 3:2 aspect ratio, so that would mean the height of the sensor is 5461 pixels, which equals 44.7mp (copied from Canon rumors https://www.canonrumors.com/did-canon-co...r5-sensor/)

connectivity is becoming more and more important, maybe we are heading to cloud based live sharing or storage ??
I already pointed to this before, but discussuion drifted away from subject (as usual)
https://forum.opticallimits.com/showthread.php?tid=4520
with 5G I can see Cameras capable of live video broadcast and live upload to server
Wim, thinking of the number of forum members sticking to their DLSRs, and the number of forum members who already dived in to Canon full frame mirrorless, it's no wonder there was no post here.

I don't know about you but I feel rather tired and bored by the predictable replies which sooner or later will yell "OVF is superior!".
(04-21-2020, 09:49 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: Wim, thinking of the number of forum members sticking to their DLSRs, and the number of forum members who already dived in to Canon full frame mirrorless, it's no wonder there was no post here.

I don't know about you but I feel rather tired and bored by the predictable replies which sooner or later will yell "OVF is superior!".
<ROFL>
With my eyes, EVF is far superior Smile.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
(04-21-2020, 09:49 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: I don't know about you but I feel rather tired and bored by the predictable replies which sooner or later will yell "OVF is superior!".

"will yell"   .... ???? 

We've been yelling it for years already ! Smile
The EOS R5 has been vaporware for more than a year now. So it's not surprising that the old dogs are no longer lifting an eyebrow ...
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(04-22-2020, 11:01 AM)Klaus Wrote: The EOS R5 has been vaporware for more than a year now. So it's not surprising that the old dogs are no longer lifting an eyebrow ...
Samples have been shown at various shows in the UK, US and Asia, even if displayed behind glass, and they are out in the wild for quite a while already.
Of course at the moment there are no live shows anymore anywhere, so that gets a little difficult. However, considering that Canon was going to deliver the first batches in July, I am sure they have produced a bunch already Smile.

Kind regards, Wim
Wim, I have to agree with Klaus here. First numerous leaks for development than Canon confirmed the development, then displayed behind glass, and now official specs. How many times one can get excited for the same think? Even at DPR there are no too many comments. I believe everyone wants to see a review of this camera as there are too many questions about heat dissipation and in-camera recording.

Let me guess: your are getting one?
(04-22-2020, 06:27 PM)borisbg Wrote: Wim, I have to agree with Klaus here. First numerous leaks for development than Canon confirmed the development, then displayed behind glass, and now official specs. How many times one can get excited for the same think? Even at DPR there are no too many comments. I believe everyone wants to see a review of this camera as there are too many questions about heat dissipation and in-camera recording.

Let me guess: your are getting one?

Well, Canon is only doing now what others have been doing for years, a little exacerbated by COVID-19.

As to whether I am getting one: possibly. Depends on price mostly. I was hoping for 50 megapixels, for landscape work, but 45 will do just fine.
I am actually really enjoying the EOS R with some of the L lenses; may get even better with IBIS and 45 MP Smile.

Kind regards, Wim
C300 sensor showed they are capable of 16 f stops dynamic range... lert's see if the R5 will have a decent dynamic range