Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oly prices went up
I can only speak about here in the US, but Oly bodies and lenses went up ~10%. This is for street price. 

Pre 7/4 I started getting emails saying Independence day sales. However, when I looked at the prices, they were what they had been for the last 6 months, or more in some cases. Then post independence day the prices went up. Did this happen world wide? Part of some sell off strategy? 

I really can't say anything about the Pany gear.
Well, compare their prices to the latest FF lenses ...

I think this is more of a general trend. The sales are collapsing across the whole industry while they have "legacy" cost structures.
It's inevitable that the prices are increasing (plus all players are in constant flux in terms of business restructuring).
Also - lenses aren't electronics - there's barely a downward trend in terms of manufacturing costs once a certain level has been reached.

I will sell a couple of lenses that have been stored in my closet for a while - and I checked their current price levels vs what I paid for them a couple of years back.
Many are substantially more expensive now.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(07-11-2020, 05:34 AM)Klaus Wrote: Well, compare their prices to the latest FF lenses ...

I think this is more of a general trend. The sales are collapsing across the whole industry while they have "legacy" cost structures.
It's inevitable that the prices are increasing (plus all players are in constant flux in terms of business restructuring).
Also - lenses aren't electronics - there's barely a downward trend in terms of manufacturing costs once a certain level has been reached.

I will sell a couple of lenses that have been stored in my closet for a while - and I checked their current price levels vs what I paid for them a couple of years back.

Which ones do you plan on selling?
Any Fuji gear by any chance? ;-)
--Florent

Flickr gallery
I suspect that shipping costs from Oz are quite high ;-)
The shipping costs are not so much of an issue - the shipping itself is.
I've been waiting for a letter from Germany (DHL express) for more than 4 weeks now. During this period it made it from Berlin to Frankfurt.
Air transport simply came to a standstill thanks to COVID.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(07-11-2020, 05:34 AM)Klaus Wrote: Well, compare their prices to the latest FF lenses ...

Yeah, I was looking on ebay at some lenses. I was really surprised on the asking prices. For me personally, most were high enough that I would just spend the extra and get new. Strange times indeed.