Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Fujifilm make DSLR cameras anymore?
I've been trying to find a Fujifilm DSLR camera online but it seems like all of them have been discontinued.
Edit: Why do I want a Fujifilm camera? They are well-designed cameras that shoot high quality photos, according to their reviews.
Why do I want a DSLR? I've compared an EVF on a mirrorless camera (Sony a6000) to the viewfinder on a friend's DSLR (Canon EOS Rebel) side by side. I couldn't see as much detail through the EVF. I realize it's not a controlled experiment, but that's all the first-hand evidence I have to go on right now.
(08-26-2020, 04:30 AM)BennyBurke Wrote: I've been trying to find a Fujifilm DSLR camera online but it seems like all of them have been discontinued.
Edit: Why do I want a Fujifilm camera? They are well-designed cameras that shoot high quality photos, according to their reviews.
Why do I want a DSLR? I've compared an EVF on a mirrorless camera (Sony a6000) to the viewfinder on a friend's DSLR (Canon EOS Rebel) side by side. I couldn't see as much detail through the EVF. I realize it's not a controlled experiment, but that's all the first-hand evidence I have to go on right now.

They are not thaaat well designed, they have their odd quirks. Some love them, others don't.

Fuji never has made great DSLRs, and have stopped making any more than a decade ago. They were based on Nikon DSLRs.

Not everyone likes EVFs, and some love them. Not every EVF is the same either, try for instance a Canon EOS R in a store and you will notice a big difference with the A6000 you tried. I happen to prefer OVF (optical view finders from DSLRs) myself, and shoot with a Canon EOS 6D. I like to see the world through the lens and use my imagination to capture what and how I want, and not look at the computer screen of the EVF to see what the camera decides things look like. I lose a lot of my creativity with live view/EVFs.

My advice: 1st try a better EVF and an OVF to make a better decision on what you prefer, rather than base your decision on a A6000 alone.

After that decision, try different brands to see what feels and operates to your liking (and of course, what fits your budget). Lenses are important, and a particular lens can be part of a camera/brand decision too.
(08-26-2020, 07:51 AM)Brightcolours Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 04:30 AM)BennyBurke Wrote: I've been trying to find a Fujifilm DSLR camera online but it seems like all of them have been discontinued.

They are not thaaat well designed, they have their odd quirks. Some love them, others don't.

Fuji never has made great DSLRs, and have stopped making any more than a decade ago. They were based on Nikon DSLRs.

Not everyone likes EVFs, and some love them. Not every EVF is the same either, try for instance a Canon EOS R in a store and you will notice a big difference with the A6000 you tried. I happen to prefer OVF (optical view finders from DSLRs) myself, and shoot with a Canon EOS 6D. I like to see the world through the lens and use my imagination to capture what and how I want, and not look at the computer screen of the EVF to see what the camera decides things look like. I lose a lot of my creativity with live view/EVFs.

My advice: 1st try a better EVF and an OVF to make a better decision on what you prefer, rather than base your decision on a A6000 alone.

After that decision, try different brands to see what feels and operates to your liking (and of course, what fits your budget). Lenses are important, and a particular lens can be part of a camera/brand decision too.

i m glad that you answer my question....Thank you! This was a big help.  WalgreensListens