Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next OL lens test report - Sony FE 20mm f/1.8G
Nice ... :-)

https://www.opticallimits.com/sonyalphaf...-sony20f18
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
A cool lens there. Remember the time when the only game in town for a 20/1.8 lens was the huge, clunky Sigma EX, soft as molasses? Smile

Speaking of this present Sony, I don't think you can call the < 1 stop of vignetting remaining at f/5.6 "heavy". The Viltrox 20/1.8 for instance has a lot more that (~1.6 stop) and it remains no matter how much you stop down. Many other lenses are the same here, e.g. the (uncorrected) vignetting on the Samyang 18/2.8 doesn't seem to go below 1.8 stops, admittedly in part due to the lens' compact size.

One last thing: look closely at the review listing in the Sony Full-Frame section and see if the primes from 18-24mm are all mixed up? That is, if you intend to arrange the lenses strictly by focal length. The Sony 24/1.4 GM still says "24mmm" too, which I find hilarious everytime: it's a good lens, for sure, tho...
Thx for pointing out the vignetting - it was the wrong chart there ;-) - from the 28mm f/2.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Yeh... so I was wrong for the right reasons. Smile Now I see it and... eek.
Just a thought here: I think you missed (in the intro and the conclusion) the most obvious competitor, the Tokina 20mm f/2.