Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about the 7Artisans 35mm f0.95?
Hi guys,

I've been looking the 7artisans 35mm f0.95 lenses for a while, I want to make it as a gift for my big brother for Christmas. How about this lens?

https://www.pergear.com/products/7artisans-35mm-f0-95
If your brother likes manual focus lenses, and likes to play with shallow DOF, sure, go for it. The lens is similar to the Mitakon 35mm f0.95 II (same basic "old" lens design with integrated focal reducer) and render quite the same. The 7artisans lens is a bit lighter and has more aperture blades (won't make a difference wide open, possibly rounder OOF shapes when stopped down).

If your brother rather uses AF lenses, and/or is not really interested in shallow DOF, don't bother.
(12-10-2020, 11:20 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: If your brother likes manual focus lenses, and likes to play with shallow DOF, sure, go for it. The lens is similar to the Mitakon 35mm f0.95 II (same basic "old" lens design with integrated focal reducer) and render quite the same. The 7artisans lens is a bit lighter and has more aperture blades (won't make a difference wide open, possibly rounder OOF shapes when stopped down).

If your brother rather uses AF lenses, and/or is not really interested in shallow DOF, don't bother.

Wow.. Thanks! Actually, I like manual focus lenses!!!