Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next OL lens test report - Laowa 10mm f/2 Zero-D MFT
A 125g marvel (mostly):

https://www.opticallimits.com/m43/1104-laowa10f2mft
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Very impressive, actually!

My first rectilinear UWA lens was a 20 mm F/4 for FF, 1979, when I only had a 50 mm, and 100 mm macro Smile. Never looked back since, only went more WA when they became available (at 10 mm FF rectilinear currently Smile).

I would love it if they would produce a 5, 5.5 or 6 mm UWA for MFT, however, and it doesn't have to be fast. 10 mm I have covered with my Oly 7-14 already, and it is more than good enough as it stands.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
It this little gem would be available back in 2014 when I got Oly 12/2, I would buy this one instead, no questions asked.
A marvel but no HR? Smile
Not with this vignetting and flare.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Quite a performance with its size and weight!
Now, 3 stops of vignetting seem to be par for the course not only in FF land...
That's quite a curved front element. Very appealing, especially if the focus scale is accurate.
How is the lens for astrophotography?
(04-26-2021, 01:21 PM)caero Wrote: How is the lens for astrophotography?

Should be ok based on the sample photographs at F/2. No smearing of details in the corners, so probably very little to almost no astigmatism.

The only problem may be the small amount of field curvature, which means you'd have to be very careful with focusing.

HTH, kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....