Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My review of the Tamron 20mm F/2.8 Di III RXD 1:2
(03-10-2021, 07:07 PM)davidmanze Wrote:
(03-10-2021, 06:52 PM)Brightcolours Wrote:
(03-10-2021, 03:30 PM)davidmanze Wrote: Thanks stoppingdown

Nice review with some interesting ideas and images ......... well done!!

....... that's tempting me to put a extension tube on my Samyang 14mm F2.8 ..... and see what that can do ..... (it has very soft bokeh btw.)

What is the shortest extension tube available for F-mount?
     I think the shortest extension available is by loosening the lens mount"s screws  

....... Smile

The reason I ask is because for instance a 12mm extension tube will probably already be too much for 14mm, putting the focus plane at "infinity" already past the front element.

(03-10-2021, 01:06 PM)stoppingdown Wrote: Ok... here we go:

http://stoppingdown.net/blog/sul-campo-c...d-12/?l=en

(should be automatically English when the browser i18n is not Italian, but there's also an explicit link at the top).

It probably should be "In the field..", in English.

I would have liked to see how it works (result wise) on FF, but it does seem to like being on your APS-C Sony. My Voigtlander 20mm f3.5 I bought for FF for what you use this Tamron for on APS-C: close ups. But the Voigtlander is not suitable, due to heavy astigmatism at close up distances.

Some nice images in the review.
The reason I ask is because for instance a 12mm extension tube will probably already be too much for 14mm, putting the focus plane at "infinity" already past the front element.

OK, I just tried a 12mm extension tube on the Samayng 14mm ...... and even with the subject touching the front element ....... it's still little blurred ... but not by much !!
6mm would probably be about right ..... maybe they exist as dumb versions ??

There is an original Nikon 8mm extension tube in Australia for 40 euros + postage ..... and I found a 5.8mm one as part of an expensive manual set (€99+post) .......

....... maybe I'll give it a miss ..... Smile
"In the field": right, thanks: fixed.

For what concerns extension tubes and the 14mm, I recall that some time ago I quickly tried my shortest extension tube (10mm) with the Samyang 12mm and no way. With wide angle lenses I fear that the required extension is by far smaller than what can be achieved with a tube. That's why when I first experimented with the fish-eye I had to use a thin shim made of cardboard, inserted between the lens mount and the lens body.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Very nice, actually!

And those pictures, and the insertion of a few Italian words and names, make me long for a visit to Italy.
I stayed there for my studies, 3 long summers, about 45 km north of Genoa (edge of the Piemonte Basin) and it was great. A few years ago I was in Firenze (Florence), on an invitation of someone who is involved in one of my (many) other hobbies Smile.

Kindest regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Thanks Wim.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.