Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DXO PureRAW
I think you will be amazed by the sharpness.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Ok I've downloaded DXO pure raw ........ when I click on the DXO icon I get a panel which states:

........ The procedure entry point DGXIGetInterface1 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll .......

......... whatever that means Smile
No idea ...

(05-03-2021, 01:12 PM)davidmanze Wrote: Ok I've downloaded DXO pure raw ........ when I click on the DXO icon I get a panel which states:

........  The procedure entry point DGXIGetInterface1 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll  .......

On the Mac, it just works.....  Angel

Are you sure it does not say "DGXIGetDebugInterface1"? Are you using Windows 7?
(05-03-2021, 03:08 PM)Brightcolours Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 01:12 PM)davidmanze Wrote: Ok I've downloaded DXO pure raw ........ when I click on the DXO icon I get a panel which states:

........  The procedure entry point DGXIGetInterface1 could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll  .......

On the Mac, it just works.....  Angel

Are you sure it does not say "DGXIGetDebugInterface1"? Are you using Windows 7?
 Yes, I missed out "debug"! ....... and yes windows 7

However , I googled it and there is a video which explains how to juggle with microsoft files to deblock the situation ......... 

.......... I'll get on it as soon as I get a life ......... Smile
Windows 7 is not supported...

(05-03-2021, 09:49 PM)Klaus Wrote: Windows 7 is not supported...

OMG obsolescence strikes again  .... it's been great Windows 7 !!

......... the DSLR is dyeing ..... no one cares ........

..... it's only in the last few weeks I've come to terms with the demise of the Edison cylinder !! ....... Smile

Apparently we're all off to Mars ..........
(05-04-2021, 09:12 AM)davidmanze Wrote:

..... it's only in the last few weeks I've come to terms with the demise of the Edison cylinder !! ....... Smile

Sorry, but if you are still using Windows 7 with all its security issues IMO you are not really busy in a very responsible manner, unless you only use it purely in an standalone mode. Even then, importing stuff, f.e. for processing, in one way or another is just asking for trouble. Support for Win 7 was stopped several years ago already.

The question rises who or wat is obsolete in this regard Smile.

I think you should have upgraded to Win 10 when you could do so for free, that would have been a lot better already, especially as Win 10 allows you to run Win 7 only applications in compatibility mode.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
(05-04-2021, 10:32 AM)wim Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 09:12 AM)davidmanze Wrote:

Sorry, but if you are still using Windows 7 with all its security issues IMO you are not really busy in a very responsible manner, unless you only use it purely in an standalone mode. Even then, importing stuff, f.e. for processing, in one way or another is just asking for trouble. Support for Win 7 was stopped several years ago already.

The question rises who or wat is obsolete in this regard Smile.

I think you should have upgraded to Win 10 when you could do so for free, that would have been a lot better already, especially as Win 10 allows you to run Win 7 only applications in compatibility mode.

Kind regards, Wim

Thanks for that Wim ....... but I won't be changing anytime soon !!

here is a video which could cure my problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqFiKxNXkQo

....... it's for windows 10/8/7 ....... when I'm feeling in the mood I will try it !!
Well Dave, although this software is a game changer when it comes to noise, if your computer isn't fast enough, it's a pain to use: expect time anywhere between 5 minutes and as long as 20 minutes maybe more per photo, not really practical if you have many photos unless you don't mind leaving your computer editing overnight...