Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panasonic GX80 coming
http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-leaked-first...onic-gx80/

Seems to be slightly smaller than the GX7.

Still 16mp although I consider this to be a good thing at least ;-)

Tempting ... I am not a big fan of the E-M5 II after all.

Very tempting indeed. I really like the rangefinder form factor.

I wonder how good the IBIS implementation is gonna be. Probably not that great given Panasonic's track record (GX7 and GX8 were good for about 1 to 2 stops top).

--Florent

Flickr gallery
Seems promising - perfect for street and shooting from the hip?

Interesting with that 16 mp sensor, could it be one with better high ISO performance?

Regarding the IBIS, I don´t think Panasonic has the intension to make it better as IBIS alone. The primary function is to work together with the OIS. Just my guess. 

I miss the tiltable viewfinder.

Quote:Tempting ... I am not a big fan of the E-M5 II after all.

What do you not like about it?
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:What do you not like about it?

Slow startup. Comparatively dull viewfinder. Honestly I prefer Panasonic's color calibration which is more neutral IMHO (although you may debate what this means in RAW mode). 

Overall I quite enjoyed the GH-2 and GH-3.
> Still 16mp although I consider

> this to be a good thing at

> least

I think the key advantage is 2 extra stops of dynamic range. Now of course, 16MP on the new sensor technology might have even better range!

If they do a smaller G8 with both viewfinder and flash, then my G3 might be replaced.
After a rather long time a M43 cam I might be interestes in. However, in light of the stupidity of Panasonic in the past it could still be that they use an older (non-Sony) sensor in the GX80!

Quote:> Still 16mp although I consider

> this to be a good thing at

> least

I think the key advantage is 2 extra stops of dynamic range. Now of course, 16MP on the new sensor technology might have even better range!

If they do a smaller G8 with both viewfinder and flash, then my G3 might be replaced.

Are you saying that the 20MP mft sensor has 2 EV less dynamic range?

The new 20MP sensor is better than the old 16MP in pretty much every aspect: http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/S..._1041_1006
--Florent

Flickr gallery
That was exactly it, the new sensor appears to have more dynamic range.

I noticed that in practice is the weak point of my 16MP G3.