Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batteries
Is it possible for you to test your new batteries?

They may be just crap or your charger is. Or you have let them discharge themself for some weeks. Self-discharge is a serious problem for NiMh based on pre-LSD-technology.

Personally I stand away from all AA over 2400 mAh (degration too high over time) and only use those produced by a "respected" manufacturer. Most companies doesn't have a production line of their own. They just purchase them and put their label on.

I had quite a good time with "old-fashioned" NiMh by GP (2000-2400 mAh) but going to use LSD-type (Low-Self-Discharge -> "Eneloop") which I can recommend.

Your flash output number is much too low!

EDIT: Another point comes to mind. I never had an issue with that but it may be worth a try. Some batteries have to be charged und discharged several times to reach their nominal capacity. Not my opinion, that's what some sources say.

EDIT: Just tried to shot with 2100 mAh fresh from the charger. Used 21 shots and recharge time at manual full power dropped from about 9 during first shots to 10 seconds. Much energy left, I suppose.

Ciao, Walter

Messages In This Thread
Batteries - by Hamburg_74 - 03-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Batteries - by Guest - 03-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Batteries - by arvydas - 03-17-2012, 06:48 AM