• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forums > Back > Really dumb question on zoom macro lens use
....popo has the sensible answer....but here below is some nonsense from me, which actually makes sense if you know what i mean....

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">....it so happens that i have a 'zoom lens that has macro abilities' (ahem) …. and with this lens you actually go to the long end, switch it into macro mode and then keep on going, it appears to have about another 10mm's range within its macro mode (according to the exif), and indeed you can go quite close to the subject and vary focus with those extra 10mm's + the focus ring or the camera's auto focus ….. but if you want it to focus where you want it to focus, with this lens best to do your macro at the maximum focal length, otherwise it might just focus somewhere else as takes it's fancy….i hope this helps :-)  

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">i haven't actually shot with this lens so much and using it is certainly is an interesting test of keeping the brain alert to variable correct settings....

Messages In This Thread
Really dumb question on zoom macro lens use - by rutledj - 05-31-2013, 11:49 AM
Really dumb question on zoom macro lens use - by soLong - 05-31-2013, 04:58 PM
Really dumb question on zoom macro lens use - by Guest - 05-31-2013, 06:40 PM
Really dumb question on zoom macro lens use - by rutledj - 06-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Really dumb question on zoom macro lens use - by Guest - 06-02-2013, 01:21 PM