Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are there still no articulated LCD on prosumer and pro Dslr's?
Reinier, even Canon gave up the concept with the latest G... models. I'm not happy about that. It does cost more and needs more space. Fragility is not the big problem, maybe the Professionals use either the finder or tethered shooting.

LiveView on Nikon D800 is a pretty poor quality, it's extremely slow from focusing until the shutter finally opens again for shooting - so, no action at all, only very immobile subjects.

PhaseOne backs on the expensive side also don't have a tiltyflippyscreen, but they do have excellent WiFi connection to tablets. Nikon Pro cameras do need for each connection bit expensive and bulky and another-thing-to-carry-around accessories. For the next generation D4s and D800s (or whatever they'll name it) there's no WiFi onboard. Not to mention something else than a fixed screen. It's a shame.

All I'd want is  a holder, tilt and swift and an independant screen device I can switch in WiFi for maybe 1/4 hour until it needs to get recharged by the camera's battery.

Messages In This Thread
Why are there still no articulated LCD on prosumer and pro Dslr's? - by JJ_SO - 06-08-2014, 04:41 PM