Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are there still no articulated LCD on prosumer and pro Dslr's?
Don't understand the question. To me, it's not a question of articulated LCD's on DSLR's. I want to know why they don't have touch screens. Touch screen are so much more intuitive. 51 point autofocus on the D800?? Who wants to deal with a bunch of points? Just touch the screen where you want it to focus, it's not rocket science. Micro 43 cameras have sophisticated touch screens that work just like the iPhone. There's no excuse why Canon and Nikon can't put it on their cameras.

I've been saying this for awhile now. If Apple got serious into the photography market they would destroy Canon and Nikon in short order. They already took the budget point and shoot market without even trying. iPhone's not only have intuitive touch screens that allow you to make a picture quickly and easily, they are feature packed. They come with HDR, Panorama feature, slow motion, and iOS8 will come with an easy to use time lapse feature. These are features that might come with high end DSLR's but they aren't as easy to implement as the iPhone. Granted, the IQ is not the same, but the gap is closing every year. Canon and Nikon have been sitting on their collective behinds for decades. They have it coming to them.

Messages In This Thread
Why are there still no articulated LCD on prosumer and pro Dslr's? - by Mahadragon - 06-11-2014, 06:25 AM