Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do cards have different characteristics as did film emulsions?
Memory cards do not (obviously?); gpu can have different settings which impact colour tones but for the most part these can be adjusted. Monitors have the same issue (to a greater degree) and not all monitors and render colour or tonal range the same.

-

The same go for sensors and printers. You can adjust things as you feel fit with post editing but some systems (sensors, printers, monitors) make it more difficult than others to achieve a desired look.

Quote:My wife, a sentimentalist, had in our bedroom a photo of our children, that I had taken over 40 years ago. Naturally it had severely faded, so I scanned in the print, and restored it digitally.

Afterwards we had some discussion about the results. I think our differences came from the fact that back in film days she had preferred Kodacolor, but I Extacolor, the former being too red for me.

This made me think, whether in the same way different cards may produce different renderings of a scene.

Thoughts anyone?

Messages In This Thread
Do cards have different characteristics as did film emulsions? - by Guest - 09-12-2016, 12:24 PM