Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK
Thanks guys for all your replies

Quote:Do you discover here a Mr. Panasonic in this forum?  ^_^

Why is it so hard to ask the source or the company who had to deal with a faulty lens? How could we know what this 14 year long reputation of a grey importer means? And at least - even if one says here "buy it, Panasonic will deal with you in the most pleasing way you can imagine" what is this advice worth if it comes worse to worst?

Send a mail to Panasonic UK, ask them about this warranty.
Thanks Juju. I didn't spot the Mr Panasonic member.  I did actually contact Panasonic UK before putting up my post, and as you point out it wasn't so hard. I've included their response below.

I thought I would ask on these forums as well just to get people's experiences.

PanaUK say that a Japan Warranty is only honoured in Japan. It'd need to be sent back there for any repair etc

Quote:<p style="font-family:arial;font-size:13.3333px;">In regards to your query, I would like to advise that if the warranty specifies that this is a Japanese one, the unit will need to be shipped back to Japan for the warranty repairs. As Japan does not offer an option for World Wide Warranty.

<p style="font-family:arial;font-size:13.3333px;">You can also check this information on the following website from the table that explains the Countries that provide this  option:

<p style="font-family:arial;font-size:13.3333px;">http://www.panasonic.com/uk/support/warr...ation.html

<p style="font-family:arial;font-size:13.3333px;"> 

The ebay shop has not replied to my question to them. Imagine that...  Upshot is I won't be using that ebay seller.

In the many years that I have owned bodies and lenses I've never needed to call on a warranty, but it's nice to know it's there.

Messages In This Thread
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by eggybread - 05-26-2017, 07:45 AM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by davidmanze - 05-26-2017, 09:30 AM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by davidmanze - 05-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by davidmanze - 05-26-2017, 11:40 AM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by eggybread - 05-26-2017, 02:36 PM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by eggybread - 05-26-2017, 06:01 PM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by davidmanze - 05-27-2017, 03:48 AM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by eggybread - 05-29-2017, 10:34 AM
Japan import lens with panasonic Japan warranty in the UK - by davidmanze - 05-29-2017, 10:41 AM