Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma CEO: camera manufacturers should produce also less expensive models
Quote:At some point you need to be happy with what you have and just enjoy the art of photography. I think all the cameras over the last several years are quite good and the technology is relatively stable. Skip a generation or two and move out getting a new camera to every 5 years or so.

Correct. The a6000 had to be replaced because it was not mature. The a6300 will last much longer. It could even last (almost) forever if it had IBIS, or if I still had the (bad) SEL1670Z which at least had stabilisation.

Quote:Occasionally, something is so special that I take my phone out just to take a pic so I can text it to someone. Which only happened once on vacation. Nonetheless! ... etc ...

My relationship with taking photos and my smartphone in short: I hardly know how to shoot with it! And in any case I can just do basic shooting, I don't know how controls work. Basically I do that only when I'm around with no cameras and there's e.g. a tourist post with some information about a monument or a map with trails. As you pointed out, quick sharing it's the basic idea with a smartphone, but I never do quick sharing. My workflow indeed is quite slow and related to postprocessing with the laptop.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sigma CEO: camera manufacturers should produce also less expensive models - by stoppingdown - 06-03-2024, 10:14 AM