Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Positive news from Fuji (Imaging)
I don't think it would be so easy for Canon (or Nikon)... There are two options to go for: cancel the old product portfolio (DSLRs and their lenses) and switch to mirrorless, or add a serious mirrorless product to the existing portfolio.

The first option is a kind of revolution, which is hardly possible in short term. For starters, what about the existing products and their warranty liabilities... Or to whom they're going to sell the old products' rights (for a decent return on investment)? On top, add the cost of transformation of the existing facilities to mirrorless production.

The second option, I mean adding a "serious" mirrorless product in the existing portfolio sounds reasonable for a smooth transition. But definitely it would require a lot of money to invest, not to forget the issue about the fact that the newcomers can harm the market of their DSLRs in short/mid term.

Sony is big, I mean really big, but still they're not in nr1 position in the mirrorless market. They do play well because they have the financial power to keep the stage. Canon and Nikon are most probably doing their best not to miss the (mirrorless) train, but in the end I don't believe they're financially capable of such a transformation in such a short term like Sony did. As a regular consumer I would really love to see what these DSLR dinasours could bring to mirrorless market. Because I think the existing products from Fuji, Sony or Oly/Pana have all their issues considering what a FF DSLR user is looking for.

I personally would really love to see a mirrorless camera on the market; which is as beautiful as Fuji design promotes innovation (e.g. hybrid EVF, demosaicing), offers a lens collection (or video performance) like MFT does, and introduces larger sensors with a reasonable price like the Sony did already... I think this is neither a dream nor a remote possibility at all... It's just sharing the market for a best possible (and sustainable) profit.

Messages In This Thread
Positive news from Fuji (Imaging) - by Klaus - 10-30-2015, 09:21 PM
Positive news from Fuji (Imaging) - by borisbg - 10-31-2015, 04:40 AM
Positive news from Fuji (Imaging) - by Klaus - 10-31-2015, 07:15 AM
Positive news from Fuji (Imaging) - by popo - 10-31-2015, 10:40 AM
Positive news from Fuji (Imaging) - by PuxaVida - 11-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Positive news from Fuji (Imaging) - by popo - 11-01-2015, 01:13 PM
Positive news from Fuji (Imaging) - by borisbg - 11-01-2015, 04:36 PM