Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I thought I was going to make it but I'm being sucked in again. Help me guys!
Revised findings;

When clicking on "your posted square" Brightcolours, I can see the slight purple colourations in the bushes, but hardly anything from the image on the site,  when I say hardly I mean a hell of a lot less!   However, I can see slight purple lens flare in the middle of the image.

This sort of high contrast image can bring out the worst in a sensor, learning as I did from the banding issue in the shadows with the Nikon D7100, I had read about it and soon came across it when forcing the shadows, I never had that problem with the K3 (similar but not the same sensor)  Nonetheless the D7100 produces excellent IQ.

I've found another weakness from the D750 sensor, overdose "clarity" in RAW to an image produces  jaggies around bright white subjects, in this case an egret, quite horrible ones, easily seen even at 30%, but none anywhere else, I've never seen that from the D7100.  

Different camera different PP!

From what I can gather the Quatro's sensor has it's caprices, apparently it's sensitive to overexposure, maybe why the images are exposed for the bright areas leaving darker than normal shadows, it's then a question of walking a stealthy path in PP and not treading on it's weaker areas. It's quite clear it's capable of producing very stunning images!  

It would be interesting to know what the dynamic range is, if DXO would ever get round to testing the sensor.

Messages In This Thread
I thought I was going to make it but I'm being sucked in again. Help me guys! - by davidmanze - 09-15-2015, 12:57 AM