The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VR / OS comparison - would you like to contribute?
Image stabilisation, vibration reduction, Optical stabilization and in German simply the Anti-wobble gobble or something like that.

That's what's PZ isn't testing and I reckon, it's simply hard to test without adding the heart frequency, volume of coffee involved and age of the lens holder. So, one can compare for him-/herself and maybe this applies to others?

I just recently was surprised by quite a difference between some Nikon and some Sigma lenses in my posession, which I posted here. But that thread is about the new Nikon 24-70/2.8 VR and I don't want to pollute it more than I already did.

So, what is your experience with some lenses from various manufacturers / generations? What is your sharpest "Even-in-a-hurricane-I-can-shoot-my-500mm-at-1/15" piece of glass?

In particular I was surprised that no Nikon lens was more resisting to my tremor than a couple of Sigmas, like here in an extreme:

[Image: i-3pzBwwh-L.jpg]

Sigma 24-105 (left) vs Micro Nikkor 105/2.8 (right) @ 1/10

Messages In This Thread
VR / OS comparison - would you like to contribute? - by JJ_SO - 09-01-2015, 07:52 PM