Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentax lens product leaks! A FF not far away?
Yes, the D FA macros are digital-era lenses as denoted by the D.  They only exist during the digital era of K mount and certainly were introduced during a time that Pentax stated that they had no 135 frame intentions.  Why?  Who the heck knows.  Probably just because.  They've also kept several legacy lenses in production including the FA 31, 43, 77 and A50/1.2 during the whole time that they stated that they had no intention of a digital 135 body.  Why?  Just because.  Lenses that cover a 135 frame don't mean diddly squat.  There have been unfounded rumours and tea-leave readings about a Pentax digital 135 body since I switched over from Pentax film bodies to digital bodies 7 years ago and I'm sure since before that.  

In the beginning, I was among those who hoped for a digital 135 K mount body, but over time I divested my old film lenses and built a proper lens set around APS-C format and enjoy some really good Pentax bodies.  I don't care about a full frame K mount anymore and haven't in years.  I think the only people who really won't let go of the digital 135 notion are those who have a hoard of old and mostly cheap legacy lenses.  But if it's all about those lenses, they've always had the option to adapt them to a Canon and more recently Sony full frame.  

Most of the FF rumours and hype seem to be generated by PentaxForums to drive traffic and forum discussion.  It's sensationalist and one of thing I started to dislike about them (along with their sh!tty reviews).    And probably the reason why I'm cynical about a digital 135 Pentax. Would it be cool to see one? Yes.  Do I care much either way, no.  I will never go back to a camera with a mirror.  I do want to see Pentaxians stop clutching at straws and putting so much stock into such weak rumours.   

Messages In This Thread
Pentax lens product leaks! A FF not far away? - by davidmanze - 02-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Pentax lens product leaks! A FF not far away? - by felix - 02-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Pentax lens product leaks! A FF not far away? - by davidmanze - 02-04-2015, 05:49 PM
Pentax lens product leaks! A FF not far away? - by dave9t5 - 02-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Pentax lens product leaks! A FF not far away? - by davidmanze - 02-04-2015, 07:53 PM
Pentax lens product leaks! A FF not far away? - by davidmanze - 02-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Pentax lens product leaks! A FF not far away? - by davidmanze - 02-04-2015, 10:07 PM