Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a tablet PC for photo editing possible ?
Calibrated screens is only one side of the medal. Such a screen has to be placed in an environment with always the same light condition and I doubt, you have norm light in your bedroom. There's simply no point to calibrate any tablet screen. Especially since one wants to reduce brightness of the screen to save battery and other times one need all the light of it - settings of calibrated screens may not be changed after calibration.

Most editing software for tablets cannot handle big RAW files, instead all the editing happens to the JPG-previews and is destructive - the copy of your picture will have to be redone, if you don't like the end result. With JPG, you can "edit" - maybe the surprise of the result it's nice, who knows? And maybe you can live with a tiny screen, with inaccurate selections because of fingertips.

Printing from a tablet usually is very limited in it's functions, mostly one cannot choose the medium type. This list of restrictions is incomplete. I would not bother to think about longer.

There are artists making money with tablet-drawn paintings, so certainly some sort of editing on a tablet is possible. But when I edit a photo, I don't want to guess the result.  <_<

Messages In This Thread
Using a tablet PC for photo editing possible ? - by JJ_SO - 05-20-2014, 07:58 AM
Using a tablet PC for photo editing possible ? - by Guest - 05-20-2014, 12:11 PM
Using a tablet PC for photo editing possible ? - by Guest - 05-22-2014, 02:56 PM